Chesapeake Ericson club

Tin Kicker

Member III
Five owners got together Saturday January 18, 2020 at the Boatyard Grill in Eastport to re-launch the club. Sorry to not get all the avatar identifications but from L to R:

Pat with an E38 Synchronicity in the Annapolis area.
Don "Navman" with an E38 Optimist II on the Eastern shore.
Bob "Tin Kicker" with an E32-3 in the Annapolis area.
Jay "JPS27" with an E27 in the Norfolk area. (Corrected)
Mark "Souleman" with an E30+ in Herrington North.

All of us are looking forward to having another get-together soon and rafting when possible.

Last edited:

JPS27

Member III
minor correction, e27 owner at the chesapeake meet up is Jay, not Pat (although my parents apparently thought about naming me Patrick, so you could be on to something). It was a great time. I learned a lot from you all. Looking forward to the next meeting. Jay

Mblace

Please add me and my wife Jean to the group - we have an E-25 on a trailer in Cumberland MD. Divide our time between Georgia and MD, planning to relocate to Cumberland permanently late in 2020. Have not had the boat in the water yet but looking forward to sailing it. Bought it to sail the coast of Maine with the grandkids in summer, but may also sail out of Annapolis from time to time. Would love to get together with fellow E-owners for social events. Any of you folks also glider pilots, by chance?

Mark and Jean Blace

Bolo

Member III
Five owners got together Saturday January 18, 2020 at the Boatyard Grill in Eastport to re-launch the club. Sorry to not get all the avatar identifications but from L to R:

Pat with an E38 Synchronicity in the Annapolis area.
Don "Navman" with an E38 Optimist II on the Eastern shore.
Bob "Tin Kicker" with an E32-3 in the Annapolis area.
Jay "JPS27" with an E27 in the Norfolk area. (Corrected)
Mark "Souleman" with an E30+ in Herrington North.

All of us are looking forward to having another get-together soon and rafting when possible.
Looks like a great group and sorry I missed it. Snow with freezing rain on top here in Hershey PA made the thought of driving down to below the freeze line in MD unappealing. So I hope that this is the first of many gatherings.

mjsouleman

Member III
February Chesapeake Bay Ericson Club Meeting

It's time to schedule February's meeting, location and agenda.

Location: I believe we volunteered Jay to select the next meeting location.
Date: Open to discussion
Agenda Proposal: First time crew experience - Planning and Preparing a trip from Abaco, Bahama to Chesapeake Bay

Mark "Souleman" Soule

JPS27

Member III
For the next Chesapeake club meet up, I believe Pat is the guy to select the location. I live in Hampton and am not familiar with Annapolis and Eastport other than as an infrequent visitor. I likely won't make too many of these meeting simply because of the distance. But I'll do my best!

mjsouleman

Member III
By Popular vote, Pat is volunteered to select the February meeting location.

I will be sending out a group email later today to all members on this topic.

Mark "Souleman" Soule

Slick470

Member III
Mark, can you please add me to the group as well? With little kids and constant weekend activities, I don't know how often I'll be able to attend, but it would be nice to follow along. Thanks!

Andy

SVNimble

Hoping I can make it this time. I'm out of town until Feb 14th. If the next gathering is after that, count me in.

Navman

Member III
Saturday ,February 25th is the Lunar New Year!! Might be a good date for the next meet? Just putting it out there.

Tin Kicker

Member III
Saturday ,February 25th is the Lunar New Year!! Might be a good date for the next meet? Just putting it out there.
January 25 is the Lunar New Year, so how about the last day of February on the 29th? Or the 22nd?

A few of us had beer, which I think knocks out Cantlers. (Correct me if they do) We could go back to Boatyard, as it is always good, or I'll suggest The Point at Ferry Point Marina. https://www.thepointcrabhouse.com

mjsouleman

Member III
Recommendations for February meeting

Date: February 29th
Time: 1200 - 1400

Agenda
Pictures from your 2006 Rendezvous (Sean Engle)
Story Time: The Cost and Benefits of Volunteering (Mark Soule)
Boat Maintenance: Blister Repair
Open Discussion

All in Favor, say Yea!

Mark "Souleman" Soule