Chesapeake Ericson club

Pamaya

Hello All,

Just confirming the time for today's meeting @ the Bayard.

Anyone care to clarify the gathering time?

Thanks,

Stuart

Pamaya E-27
Rock Hall/Eastern Shore

SVNimble

Per mjsouleman: "Noon till 2 is planned. If everyone shows we might run a little longer to accommodate late arrivals. It's an open ended meeting so members can come and go as necessary."

Pamaya

Per mjsouleman: "Noon till 2 is planned. If everyone shows we might run a little longer to accommodate late arrivals. It's an open ended meeting so members can come and go as necessary."
Great, thanks much. Looked through the thread and searched at least twice and never found that info.. Appreciate the update!

mjsouleman

Member III
Good Morning Meeting time is noon till 2 ish at the Boatyard in Annapolis... see you there.
Look for the old guy with the Red Sox hat on.

Mark "Souleman" Soule

Navman

Member III
Hello all,
the meet on Saturday was great. I know Bob (tinkicker) was interested in the mount I use to attache my phone to the grab bar for the binnacle. I purchased it on Amazon for $19.33 it is a
LIFEACTIV BIKE/BAR MOUNT WITH QUICKMOUNT
by LifeProof
I have a lifeProof case for my phone as it is waterproof to - 30". I then attach the quick mount adapter
LIFEACTIV QUICKMOUNT ADAPTER
by LifeProof

to the back of the case. I have also purchased additional adapters so I can put them on new phones in the future. The adapter is $11.98 ea. I have used this setup for inshore and coastal navigation with great success as I do not have a chart plotter. I also mounted an additional bar mount down below on the stainless post near the nav station. I installed a waterproof USB charger in the cockpit so I can keep my phone plugged in at all times thus keeping the screen always visible/ on. If you just use the phone with no power source, the screen will only be visible for short periods of time as it will go into power saving mode. I will search for the I pad mounting system I got which also includes a substantial battery charger so you can plug in and keep the screen up at all times.

Navman

Member III
Hello all,
the meet on Saturday was great. I know Bob (tinkicker) was interested in the mount I use to attache my phone to the grab bar for the binnacle. I purchased it on Amazon for $19.33 it is a
LIFEACTIV BIKE/BAR MOUNT WITH QUICKMOUNT
by LifeProof
I have a lifeProof case for my phone as it is waterproof to - 30". I then attach the quick mount adapter
LIFEACTIV QUICKMOUNT ADAPTER
by LifeProof

to the back of the case. I have also purchased additional adapters so I can put them on new phones in the future. The adapter is $11.98 ea. I have used this setup for inshore and coastal navigation with great success as I do not have a chart plotter. I also mounted an additional bar mount down below on the stainless post near the nav station. I installed a waterproof USB charger in the cockpit so I can keep my phone plugged in at all times thus keeping the screen always visible/ on. If you just use the phone with no power source, the screen will only be visible for short periods of time as it will go into power saving mode. I will search for the I pad mounting system I got which also includes a substantial battery charger so you can plug in and keep the screen up at all times.
Remember how we were talking about water in the fuel? This is the contents of my Racor after using the pump and it to empty the tank. The brown fuel is full of suspended brown residue which is likely algae.

The rest of the fuel tank cleaning story is here: https://ericsonyachts.org/ie/threads/cleaning-a-fuel-tank.17309/
Wow! What a murky mess!

Navman

Member III
WELCOME ABOARD THEN!!! Keep your eyes on this posting for the March meeting date and we hope to see you there! In the meantime maybe you will want to PM "MJSOULEMAN" with your data such as your name, spouse or significant others name, e-mail address, contact #, vessel name, length and home port/ marina. He will then add you to the contact list. To all - what March dates work for everyone? If a few people throw out some dates we can set up the meeting. I am exploring topics of interest so any ideas are welcome otherwise you will have to take what I give as I have (per Mark) "volunteered" to head up a topic for March.

mjsouleman

Member III
Greg,
I sent you a private message. When you have a moment, please complete the Checklist and I will include you on the distribution list and weekly bulletins.

Dan, She looks amazing.

Mark "Souleman" Soule

SVNimble

For the March meetup, we'll be out of town again from the 20th through the end of the month. But if those dates work best for everyone else, no worries -- I can catch up in the April meetup (perhaps during the spring sailboat show?)

Navman

Member III
Hello everyone. Just looking to set a date for the March meeting. How does the 14th work? Once we set a date we can then choose a location as there were a few different options for the meeting place brought up during the February meeting. Spring is hopefully coming soon and our thoughts about recommissioning will become reality! Then it's time to plan a spring rendezvous or a raft up.