Chesapeake Ericson club

Navman

Member III
What's the head count looking like for the 14th? Going down to the boat tomorrow through Tuesday (4 days and 3 nights):p. Launching on Tuesday! yea!

mjsouleman

Member III
Head count is the usual 8 at this moment with the 2 new members added this month it should be a full house.

Mark "Souleman" Soule

Navman

Member III
It is official, no March meeting. We have some time to set up an April meeting. I like the Skype idea for those who cannot attend. This time I will be arriving by sail!! _/)_

mjsouleman

Member III
Good Day Rafiki,

Fun, a big yes. The Chesapeake Bay Ericson Club meet in Annapolis at the Boatyard in January and February, the March meeting was canceled due to well founded member concerns with Covid-19.

Each meeting has been a free for all with introductions, boat ownership, size and handling comparisons, maintenance discussions , sailing adventures and of course proud owner bragging. All this was powered with good beer and food the essentials to building a close knit community.

Everything is on pause at the moment as the world adjusts to the new reality, however when we get the all clear, there are plans for summer raft ups and informal get togethers.

If you are looking for a community of like minded and fun sailors, come join us.

Mark "Souleman" Soule

Navman

Member III
I am planning on doing the DelMarVa loop in mid may. Are there any other boats who wish to come along? This would give an opportunity for an owner to go in company for a brief coastal journey and see and sail to different areas and explore new anchorages. I am planning on anchoring out each night. I am not a marina overnight type. The longest leg would be the first day of the coastal leg, 94 nm to Ocean City. Of course we would plan departure so we can still arrive during daylight and with a fair tide at the inlet to Ocean City. I though this may be whats needed for someone who may want to do a trip like this but is tentative and or anxious about doing an excursion like this with no support. My wife will be joining me if her Viking River cruise gets cancelled which seems likely. If her cruise is still on then I will be able to take some crew on, TBD. The date at this time is May 19th as Linda is scheduled for her trip on the 18th. Let me know what you all think!

mjsouleman

Member III
Dan,
You know I want to do the DelMarVa loop. At the last meeting there were one or two others interested also.

At this moment, I can not commit but we will see how COVID-19 progresses.

Mark "Souleman" Soule

Navman

Member III
Sounds great! I wanted to keep the topic "alive" so if we get past this CV-19 stuff we can still keep on track to do it. May and early June are a great time to do it because the predominant winds on the coast will be blowing generally northward. This will assist greatly on the coastal leg of the trip as well as the Delaware Bay portion. I ordered my Si-Tex AIS transponder today as well as jack lines and safety pad eyes on the Defender sale. I will be good to go. PROVIDED WE CAN GO. Any one else who is interested let me know and I will compile a list. It would also be a help if you can identify your vessel and any restrictions you may have. I have float plans already drawn up which I can pass around to the skippers after I fill in the daily potential anchorages. Trying to keep the day sails fun so we can anchor and prepare dinner while it is still daylight.

Tin Kicker

Member III
Would love to go but totally depends on whether my boat is in the water &/or (crew-wise) the expected late May arrival of the grandchild.

Navman

Member III
Update,
My wife's trip got cancelled so she is my crew. That also means we can leave on the 16th of may hopefully allowing an additional time window to complete the trip without causing any inter-spousal concerns.