Chesapeake Ericson club

gc_sailor

Member I
I'd be interested in the trip

1: Who would like to do the DelMarVa trip on their own boat? Please put your name here and boat spec's
Probably not but could be talked into it E-34-2 Rule of Thumb with electric motor.

2: Who would like to go and be crew?
Would like to go as crew looking to gain some coastal experience.

3: Who has coastal experience?
None BVI inner islands

4: Who has overnight experience and has pulled watches?
No

5: For those boats participating what is you average distance covered in an 8-10 hour day? Or, what distance are you OK with covering in a day?

6: Who would be OK with doing an overnight sail or 2 en route?

No experience but would like the opportunity. Over 300 days of solo sailing on the Bay on my O'Day 25, P&H Grampian 37 and current E34-2.

Steve

Tin Kicker

Member III
Don, Mark, and all -

Again, unless there's an issue with the new Grandbaby, I'm in and at this point it looks like I'd be crew.

Mark - That oven is in my shed on the south side of Damascus, MD, for any time you want to get it.

Bob
240-444-5730

Navman

Member III
I t looks like we will put the DMV trip off till June. Dates to be announced. So far I have 3 besides myself and 1 other boat besides my own. Sound right? and 2 looking to crew?

Navman

Member III
Yes, you are on the crew list. Captains may want to think about logistics #1 is safety everything from 1st aid kits to strobes, MOB options, throw-able devices, PLCB or EPIRB, (life sling) jack lines tethers, harnesses, spot lights, flares manual pump, etc. water needs (1gal. per day per person is what i figure on, more if doing an over night), a menu, snacks, appetizers. Pump out requirements, with two people full time I usually pump out every third day. Captains will need to calculate there own holding and pump out needs, Ice, fuel if needed, spare fuel etc. ETC. Once this ban gets lifted we can then develop a true sail plan knowing who will be committing to going. This will not only include the destinations but also on land primary contacts and secondary contacts, any medical requirements, conditions or medication, dosages, allergies etc. Lots to do yet if you get bored. Have fun all and stay safe!
_/)

gc_sailor

Member I
I would be willing to assist with provision and equipment planning if someone would take me on as crew. Here's hoping Gov. Hogan lifts the recreational boating ban next week.

mjsouleman

Member III
gc_Sailor,
your interest would make it 4 and 2 boats (1 E38 and 1 E30). Getting closer we will have a meet and greet.
As for crew, Discovery is the E30+ and I would be more than happy to share a berth with a fellow club member.

Mark "Souleman" Soule

Pamaya

Member I
gc_Sailor,
your interest would make it 4 and 2 boats (1 E38 and 1 E30). Getting closer we will have a meet and greet.
As for crew, Discovery is the E30+ and I would be more than happy to share a berth with a fellow club member.

Mark "Souleman" Soule

Hello all,

Sorry I have been a little slow to keep up with the thread here.

I remain interested in doing the loop on Pamaya our E27.

Regarding the questions:

Who would like to do the DelMarVa trip on their own boat? Please put your name here and boat spec's
Probably not but could be talked into it E-34-2 Rule of Thumb with electric motor.

2: Who would like to go and be crew?
Would like to go on Pamaya with a sailing friend (Steve) from Ohio, tbd schedule and events.

3: Who has coastal experience?
Steve has done Bahamas and Dry Tortugas, me only as craw on a large Cat.

4: Who has overnight experience and has pulled watches?
Some but limited.

5: For those boats participating what is you average distance covered in an 8-10 hour day? Or, what distance are you OK with covering in a day?

Good question, the 27 is going to lag you guys, will have to push 12 or 14 HR days

6: Who would be OK with doing an overnight sail or 2 en route?

Yes

mjsouleman

Member III
Pamaya,

Thoughts on a rainy Sunday morning here in Washington D.C.

I would like to see Rule of thumb up close and personal for her diesel to electric conversion.

From discussions with club members I gather, this event is more of an opportunity to fulfill a long held goal.

So I encourage you to come along and sail with us on Rule of Thumb. You can join me on Discovery as we get up a little earlier and enjoy a first cup with the sun rise and our first glass with a setting sun.

Mark "Souleman" Soule

Pamaya

Member I
Hey Mark,

All sounds good. Will have to see how post covid (hopefully) resumption of daily responsibilities impact my ability to go along, but definitely tentative, tbd.

One point of clarification for the thread and the potential boat and sailor count...

' gc_sailor is on Rule of Thumb the diesel to electric conversion and has noted interest in crew or possibly being convinced to sail along (I believe?)

I am on Pamaya a E-27 still diesel (potential future conversion...) in my case, I would most likely only do the loop if my sailing friend from Ohio comes along - and that would likely include his wife - making for 1 additional boat, possibly 2 or 3 sailors.

Thanks to you and Don for keeping the interest and discussion going.

Stuart

mjsouleman

Member III
Stuart,
It is my birthday today and my wife gave me a card that says, "It's the next leg in the adventure" I think that thought is appropriate regarding the DelMarVa loop this year. We are on pause but the adventure still continues.

My best
Mark "Souleman" Soule

gc_sailor

Member I
Thanks for clarifying Pamaya. I'm still contemplating sailing Rule of Thumb on the trip but I need some more sailing days prior to the Delmarva departure to check some items. Once we get back on the water I could bring Rule of Thumb to a Saturday meeting or am happy to invite folks for a sail. If you are in the Annapolis area Bob Blood is a good person to consult with on electric conversion, he's done lots of installs and consulted on mine.

Steve

Pamaya

Member I
Stuart,
It is my birthday today and my wife gave me a card that says, "It's the next leg in the adventure" I think that thought is appropriate regarding the DelMarVa loop this year. We are on pause but the adventure still continues.

My best
Mark "Souleman" Soule

Mark,

Sorry, I was away from my phone most of the day and missed wishing you a Happy Birthday in a more timely manner...

Anyways, here's to the next leg of your adventures and hope that you had a great day there!

Stuart

Pamaya, 1978 E-27
Rock Hall, MD

Navman

Member III
Loop news. Now that the ban has been lifted, how does June 13th sound as a start date? That means The Optimist II would be in Solomons Saturday late day to drop the hook.

mjsouleman

Member III
Hi Don,
Discovery and I have appointments that day, however, I we start a day behind and do the over-nighters we planned to do, we can catch up.
Mark "Souleman" Soule

Navman

Member III
I am taking a little Solo jaunt down the bay this coming weekend, Friday through Sunday. Not sure where I will end up. Most likely South River or the Rhode on Friday noplace in particular, just need to get out for some fun. Somewhere in that general area. I will most likely stay on the hook for Saturday and do some maintenance and return on Sunday unless something else comes up. If anyone else is in the water and wants to do a meet, let me know. Social distancing will be observed. _/)