• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Coaming Box

kenstarkey

Does anyone know who made the cockpit coming box on the E38? Mine is wiped out on my 87 38 and I need to replace it.

Christian Williams

E381 - Los Angeles
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
You might see if Catalina Direct has something, at one point they did.

I was able to repair the plastic box once using fiberglass and resin (applied from the unseen side). UV kills the plastic so I keep my current pocket covered with a Sunbrella curtain.

nquigley

Sustaining Member
// I was able to repair the plastic box once using fiberglass and resin (applied from the unseen side). UV kills the plastic so I keep my current pocket covered with a Sunbrella curtain.
I did the same as Christian - awkward and messy application of fiberglass cloth/epoxy under and around the back of the coaming box. The repair has held up very well.

hodo

Member III
After an exhausting search I found one on line ,(aftermarket) with a lockable lid. Very little surgery required. Don't remember the brand. I still have the teak trim ring in the shop if anyone wants it.

Navman

Member III
Try "Catalina Direct". They may have what you are looking for. I am currently making one out of some 5/4 cherry I have.

ddoles

Member III
I built a replacement box from oak. It was a bit of a chore, but it the end it looks great and should last a long time.