• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Cockpit Table [Master Thread]

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
That does look nice. I wonder how it folds or otherwise secures when not in use?

Last edited:

Geoff W.

Makes Up For It With Enthusiasm
Blogs Author
I have a Snap It table that came with my boat. It snaps down when not in use, and to deploy it you lift it up and two elbows(?) fold down into little receptacles. I like it! It's no varnished teak beauty but it works. I have a cut of that spongy non-skid stuff I lay out on it to keep food from moving around too much.

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
On the other end of the material spectrum are always "plastics" and following a link from Rob & Geoff I notice that there are several options for tables (and a host of other sailboat-oriented items) from this vendor....

It's all about 'choices and options', as the saying goes.
Our varnished table is real purdy, but now that we have eliminated all the rest of the external teak on our boat, I have to admit that this less-traditional version is looking more interesting. I wish the vendor would publish the weight. Even tho they state that shipping is free, I speculate that it is likely to be a lot lighter than our teak table assembly.
Maybe next year? :)

Canopus

1989 35-3
This is my DIY table. The cupholder came with the boat (don't know if it's stock Ericson or not). I'm no shipwright, but it does a great job holding lunch!
I used some reclaimed oak flooring because it was free and teak is pricey. The only downside is if somebody kicks the leg the table may drop, I need to figure out some way to lock it in position.

IMG_20200805_162237512_HDR.jpgIMG_20200815_132830246.jpg

1911tex

Sustaining Member
Stick one of those doohickey rubber things for the table leg foot to set on....that you set bed wheels on so the bed will not move when you sit on it.

racushman

O34 - Los Angeles
On the other end of the material spectrum are always "plastics" and following a link from Rob & Geoff I notice that there are several options for tables (and a host of other sailboat-oriented items) from this vendor....

It's all about 'choices and options', as the saying goes.
Our varnished table is real purdy, but now that we have eliminated all the rest of the external teak on our boat, I have to admit that this less-traditional version is looking more interesting. I wish the vendor would publish the weight. Even tho they state that shipping is free, I speculate that it is likely to be a lot lighter than our teak table assembly.
Maybe next year? :)
Loren - IDK about the weight, but the binnacle organizer I bought is made out of that Starboard/HDPE material which is seems not that much different in weight than wood. If lighter is better, I'm not sure these things are much different than a similar design in teak. It is certainly less elegant than teak, but for me the combination of less expensive than comparable teak product and zero maintenance carries the day.