• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Coming Soon - Olson 34 For Sale

racushman

O34 - Los Angeles
I decided yesterday to accept a new job that will require me to relocate from Los Angeles to NYC. We'll be taking up residence in Manhattan, and while I could truck my Olson 34 to the east coast I don't think I'll get nearly as much use of it as I have here in California.

So I expect to be putting the boat on the market in the next couple weeks. I'll put together pictures, a comprehensive list of equipment and upgrades I've make in the last two years. When I bought the boat it was a bit of a project, and I'd now characterize it as in above average condition.

Key things I've done in the last 2 years include:
  • New 1x19 standing rigging ~$2500
  • New profurl roller furler ~$2000
  • New bare wire lifelines ~$1200
  • New house batteries with, 105amp alternator, state of charge meter ~$1000
  • New Lewmar ocean size 70 forward and 20 midships hatches ~$1200
  • PSS dripless shaft seal and cutlass bearing replaced ~$750
  • All new smoked lexan windows and ports ~$800
That's just what I can remember off the top of my head, please don't tell my wife.

I would welcome the opportunity to pass this boat on to someone in this group who might love it as much as I have. Given only 38 were made they don't come on the market often. If you are a cash buyer and seriously interested please let me know. Thinking priced to move at ~$32,500 to make it easy for both of us, with no broker involved. Please PM me if interested. I have an October 2019 survey I can share. Serious inquiries only, no tire kickers please.

nquigley

Sustaining Member
Those upgrades all look like 'safety' items - my go-to when explaining boat expenses to the Admiral.
Good luck on the move and congratulations on the new job!

G Kiba

Sustaining Member
Good price for a solid, fast, comfortable boat. I am sure you will sell it fast. Good luck to you on the east coast.

Imagineer

Member I
I decided yesterday to accept a new job that will require me to relocate from Los Angeles to NYC. We'll be taking up residence in Manhattan, and while I could truck my Olson 34 to the east coast I don't think I'll get nearly as much use of it as I have here in California.

So I expect to be putting the boat on the market in the next couple weeks. I'll put together pictures, a comprehensive list of equipment and upgrades I've make in the last two years. When I bought the boat it was a bit of a project, and I'd now characterize it as in above average condition.

Key things I've done in the last 2 years include:
  • New 1x19 standing rigging ~$2500
  • New profurl roller furler ~$2000
  • New bare wire lifelines ~$1200
  • New house batteries with, 105amp alternator, state of charge meter ~$1000
  • New Lewmar ocean size 70 forward and 20 midships hatches ~$1200
  • PSS dripless shaft seal and cutlass bearing replaced ~$750
  • All new smoked lexan windows and ports ~$800
That's just what I can remember off the top of my head, please don't tell my wife.

I would welcome the opportunity to pass this boat on to someone in this group who might love it as much as I have. Given only 38 were made they don't come on the market often. If you are a cash buyer and seriously interested please let me know. Thinking priced to move at ~$32,500 to make it easy for both of us, with no broker involved. Please PM me if interested. I have an October 2019 survey I can share. Serious inquiries only, no tire kickers please.

Greetings racushman,​

My name is Bruce & I've been patiently scouring the market for a handful of (otherwise rare) boats of which the Olson 34 is one. I reside in Los Angeles & am very interested in buying a (wheel steered) Olson 34. If you're contemplating selling, I'd appreciate being contacted at bwschaf@gmail.com or PM me thru this site. I'm very familiar with the design & it's history.

Looking forward to chat....Bruce

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
If you're contemplating selling, I'd appreciate being contacted at bwschaf@gmail.com or PM me thru this site. I'm very familiar with the design & it's history.
Bruce,
If you click on, or hover your mouse pointer over someone's name, a dialog box appears with a clickable box to 'private' message that person.