• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Companionway Ladder

chuckd

Member I
Anyone know where to find a companionway ladder for an e27? New or used. any help will be appreciated.

- chuck

NateHanson

Sustaining Member
This is a teak companionway ladder, right?

Best bet is probably to hire a cabinet shop or furnituremaker to fab one for you. I did one once for someone in your situation.

Should be very simple if you can provide a template, or one to copy. Probably $200 materials, and a few hundred for the labor - that'd be my guess if it's like the one's I've seen/built.

Glyn Judson

Companionway ladder in use.

Chuck and all, A number of years ago I helped a friend make access aft of that ladder a bit easier on his E27. The boat had an Atomic 4 back there and the ladder was always getting in the way in the cabin when he went in there. I removed the female ladder fittings from the companionway step and used a stainless piano hinge to attach a mahogany board vertically on the same step that I then screwed the female ladder fittings right back into. I fitted a hook to the underside of the bottom ladder step which location coincided perfectly with the forward, inside wood trim of the sliding hatch in the overhead. It was there that I screwed the mating eye so that now when he needs to get in there, he simply swings the ladder up and out of the way and hooks it temporarily. Glyn Judson, E31 hull #55, Marina del Rey, CA