• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Considering Purchase ERICSON 38

rikart16

Hi,

I am looking at purchasing an ERICSON 38 for liveaboard purposes.

Does anyone have any experience in colder climates?

The boat already has a wood/coal furnace installed, with a new nani n4.38 engine just looking for general feedback.

Thanks

kiwisailor

Member III
Blogs Author
Hi,

I am looking at purchasing an ERICSON 38 for liveaboard purposes.

Does anyone have any experience in colder climates?

The boat already has a wood/coal furnace installed, with a new nani n4.38 engine just looking for general feedback.

Thanks
If you're thinking of living aboard during a New England winter you'll have issues. Unless you can run the fire place 24x7 you'll need supplamental heating from shorepower or a diesel heater. Most marinas here winterize their docks for winter so there'll be no dock water available. In general you head south in October or haul out for winter.

rikart16

If you're thinking of living aboard during a New England winter you'll have issues. Unless you can run the fire place 24x7 you'll need supplamental heating from shorepower or a diesel heater. Most marinas here winterize their docks for winter so there'll be no dock water available. In general you head south in October or haul out for winter.
I would be staying at a marina with a winter bubbler system as well as shore power. However no dock water is provided. The boat has 100 gallon water tank that I could fill if needed with water from a short walk to the clubhouse.

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
He was "last seen" on this site December 11.
I hope he did not freeze to death!