• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

cranky starting - ignition sequence

Christian Williams

E381 - Los Angeles
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
The M25 Manual is here, along with most other Ericson powerplant manuals.

The forum Resources Tab takes a bit of perseverance, but just about all available documentation is there. Or feel free to ask a moderator.

K2MSmith

Sustaining Member
I went sailing yesterday so I can report back that the proper starting sequence (as stated by others in this thread in and in manual ) got my engine started in first turnover, so for now I can conclude that it has been user error combined with the colder weather. This time I held the glow plug for 30 seconds and continued to hold while starting and it started right away.

1911tex

Sustaining Member
Good 'ole Kubota tractor engine! 30 seconds is a long time down on your knees and elbows on the deck all hunched up..might try 20 seconds next time. Like I mentioned above...I have no problem with 15 seconds. Happy to hear your success and happy new year to all!!

K2MSmith

Sustaining Member
Good 'ole Kubota tractor engine! 30 seconds is a long time down on your knees and elbows on the deck all hunched up..might try 20 seconds next time. Like I mentioned above...I have no problem with 15 seconds. Happy to hear your success and happy new year to all!!
Thanks to all for your help!