• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Custom Avatars

Mindscape

Member III
Sean - I've seen some custome avatars - how do you set one up? Couldn't find anyting when searching. TIA

Sean Engle

Your Friendly Administrator
Administrator
Founder

Mindscape said:
Sean - I've seen some custome avatars - how do you set one up? Couldn't find anyting when searching. TIA

When you're logged in, go to your 'User CP' - small button below the Information Exchange logo above, then to 'Edit Avatar' - the rest is pretty much self-explanatory.

Basically, a 50 x 50 pixel (or 19 kb - whichever is smaller) image that rides with all your posts, etc. There are about 1800 of them to choose from - and you can upload your own custom one (or point to it via a URL) if you wish.

//sse

Sean Engle

Administrator
Founder
Mindscape said:
Sean - Once again I must not get it!!!! I don't see how to upload a custom avatar.

Oh, no - this issue. Someone else had this issue last year - and I thought they fixed it. Let me take a look on the boards and see if I can find out what the problem is (why normal users cannot load custom avatars).

Stand by...

//sse

Sean Engle

Administrator
Founder
Found It...

Sorry for the delay - my schedule is getting hellish again. :rolleyes:

I finally found the switch for the custom avatars (the problem was in the permissions for the user group). If you go to the CP and follow the route to the avatar setup, you should now see an option for uploading your own avatar. Please note that the size/dimension has to be correct (it will tell you what it has to be).

Again - sorry for the delay. This should kill this as an issue.

Thanks,
//sse