• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Custom emblem

kiwisailor

Member III
Blogs Author
I'd like to get two emblems for my main sail cover. Any ideas where I can obtain one and how I could apply one to the sail cover?

wynkoop

Member III
When I last got a new main sail they copied the emblem in the same material they used for the hull number on the sail. As I recall it was some sort of stuff similar to iron patches, but I will check when I am next at the boat. I suspect iron on patch material cut to shape then ironed on and stitched around the edges might be the way to go.

Sean Engle

Your Friendly Administrator
Administrator
Founder
I'd like to get two emblems for my main sail cover. Any ideas where I can obtain one and how I could apply one to the sail cover?
Pull the PNG version of the file and give it to a canvas guy who can put it into the machine and have it stitched onto the cover. The alternative is a heat transfer, which I would think is less ideal as the UV would make short work of it...

Last edited:

Luv2TriInFla

I made my own for my sail cover. UV rays ate up the original white helmet. Very easy. I used a xerox to blow up the emblem shape to the extra large size I wanted. I bought white marine material and pencil traced the shape onto the material. Then I cut out the various pieces and machine sewed them onto a square of blue marine material slightly larger than the helmet. I did this because all the curves require a lot of turning full 360 and that is impossible to accomplish onto the full sail cover. All zigzag stitching overlapped the white material edge. I then machine sewed the blue square onto the sail cover. Did this on both sides of course. It’s 10-foot quality meaning it looks great outside 10 feet! See the pic. Not professional but I took my time, it cost me nothing, and the Captain is pleased!

Attachments

• BF63A7BC-7326-401A-9FEC-58B57405603F.jpeg
    BF63A7BC-7326-401A-9FEC-58B57405603F.jpeg
    174.9 KB · Views: 11

Denise McDonald

Member II
Yes
Did you order them somewhere online? An adhesive appliqué, right? Looks great on the fantastic hull paint job!
Yes I ordered it from DIY Lettering (doityourselflettering.com) . If you email them and reference the Ericson emblem they will probably be able to look it up for you, I just looked and I don’t have the order number anymore. But they were great to work with. I just sent them a picture of the Ericson emblem and told them what size and color I wanted

Luv2TriInFla

Excellent! Thank you so much. I sanded and repainted my top strip and the old appliqués had to go. Now I can replace them. Thanks again!

Attachments

• EA6063BB-13EB-4BC7-BC60-11233CACB56A.jpeg
    EA6063BB-13EB-4BC7-BC60-11233CACB56A.jpeg
    224 KB · Views: 9