• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

DANGER!!! Engine blower install problem on E-29

Randy Rutledge

Sustaining Member
I posted a concern my girlfriend had about the engine compartment blower.

"She asked how does the bilge blower work?"

After her concern I removed the intake side hose from the blower and left it that way until today. Today I pulled on the hose that I had removed from the intake side of the blower and it was actually attached to the port side vent hood.

This boat I believe to be factory setup had the blower taking in fresh air from the port vent hood and pumping it out the starboard side vent hood and in no way did it remove or add air to any inside area of the boat. Yes this was totally useless.

If you have an E-29 please check the engine blower setup and make sure you are venting the engine compartment and not set up like my boat was.

treilley

Sustaining Partner
Randy, I would bet that the factory did not set it up that way. Rather, an inexperienced owner saw the intake hose lying in the bilge and the dorade hose also lying in the bilge and thought they should be connected. He probably removed the intake hose and connected the dorade hose to the blower.

Randy Rutledge

Sustaining Member
Check your E29 blower setup

The setup is strange that the factory setup had a hold for the hose to enter through the blower was set up with the blower intake pointed at the hole with the hose from the intake to the deck vent was run straight down the side of the battery box and to the engine box to the blower. The blower is bolted in the only holes that are in that area and can’t be turned to point the intake down. I can't believe factory could do that but why would that hose go around the rudder post and to the engine box when it could have gone to the port side of the engine box with much less hose and easier routing?????

If my girlfriend had not questioned I might have just accepted it forever.