• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Datamarine for free!

Bolo

Contributing Partner
I've upgraded my helm instruments from Datamarine to Raymarine and now I have Datamarine stuff I don't need anymore. It know it's "old" technology but...if you still want to keep using Datamarine and your apparent wind gauge, mast head unit or depth gauge is behind repair or whatever then I have a deal for you. I willing to part with those items that came off my E32-3 for free if you pay shipping and insurance (if you want insurance). Take all three items or pick just one or two.

The mast head unit was working before the mast came down for so much needed repair but when the rigger was disconnecting it the locking ring that goes around the connector fell apart in his hands or so he said. The apparent wind gauge was also working along with the depth gauge. I moved the warning buzzer from the back of the depth gauge to outside of the pod it was mounted in to a spot on the binnacle where is was covered from rain because I just couldn't hear it. Caulk it up to 70 years old ears and a healthy case of tinnitus I guess, but I think it could be but back in it's place if desired.

So if interested IM me on this site and we'll work out the details. Otherwise they're all going to that big electronics heaven in the sky cause I don't want to bother with selling them on site like eBay but I'm willing to set them free to my Ericson brothers and sisters. BTW, if you're in the Annapolis area then you can pick them up personally.

tempImage4SjTd8.jpgtempImageB08GsM.jpgtempImageJvQb2j.jpg

Tin Kicker

Sustaining Member
Hi Bob
I'll take them for a retired electronics guy at our little marina who helps others keep theirs working. Just need to figure out where & when to pick them up the next time I'm in Nappytown.
Bob

Bolo

Contributing Partner
Hi Bob
I'll take them for a retired electronics guy at our little marina who helps others keep theirs working. Just need to figure out where & when to pick them up the next time I'm in Nappytown.
Bob
OK! I’m going to the boat tomorrow and Tuesday and will put them back on board. Just let me know when you can make it.

Bolo

Contributing Partner
we actually sold our old Datamarine instruments to DMI Marine Inc. for parts to be used for current users. We actually purchased parts from them before replacing the instruments after the depth gauge failed... http://www.dmimarine.com/service.html

Art
Yes, I did have that option and even contacted DMI to ask about buying my parts but they only wanted the mast head unit and were offering $50, I think. They didn’t want the gauges. In the end I thought it best to give the stuff away to anyone on EYO who might be working with a tight budget and it’s a lot easier to just hand them over to a guy like Tin Kicker, who visited our boat in Annapolis before, rather than pack it all up and send them off.

oldfauser

Member III
I think it's great the pass them on to be used instead of just scraped like so many old electronics.... When we sold ours three years ago, we were happy to have them go to good use!

Art