• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Decay Happens

Filkee

Sustaining Member
I suppose I could also mount a thin piece of wood above the screws to hold them in the slots. What I generally fear is the vibration tugging on the thru hull hoses, but if I can tamp down the screws, that may do the trick.

C.J.B

While we are talking about maintainance, does anyone here have experience with electric heads? My E29, fairly recently acquired, has one and I'm just not sure if it's hooked up properly. Not the electronics, as is runs, but as far as hoses and proper operating procedures. I'm on the multnomah channel if anyone would like to stop by sometime and give me their take on it that'd be great. Might also get your opinion on it couple of other things too.

Filkee

Sustaining Member
Finally got around to pulling out the whole mess. Turns out there was a third screw that should have been securing the bottom of the strainer. After a few hours of hugging the diesel, I got everything in place with minimal bleeding.

bgary

Advanced Beginner
Blogs Author
Anyway, just a reminder that Boats Need Maintenance! I guess that applies to marina gangplanks too.

Good reminder.

A couple of summers back, I was doing my normal "deck check" before leaving Port Townsend to cross the Strait. Found a ring-clip laying next to the anchor-roller on the foredeck. Upon inspection, found that the clevis pin that attaches the headstay to the boat (!) was unsecured.

<O_O>

Have no idea how the ring came out - I've never had that happen before. I've since replaced it with a proper cotter pin, so I know for-sure it's not going to come out again. But either way, was very glad to have learned, very early in my sailing years, to take the time to look at things before leaving the dock.