• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Dinghy Storage and Launching Issues

Jarod

Member III
Hi

Ok bought a hard walker bay like 8 foot dinghy for my E27. I have it upside down on the deck right now. I am looking for input on how others carry, tow, launch etc... without breaking their backs preferably. It is pretty awkward, but i do not really favour the idea of towing it all of the time, any suggestions?

Thanks Jarod

NateHanson

Sustaining Member
Have you tried using a spin halyard to hoist it out of the water/off the deck? You can rig up harness that attaches to stem and stern eyes that are near the boat's axis of balance, so that you can flip the boat effortlessly once it's off the deck.

Nate

clohman

Member II
I used the spinnaker halyard approach to lifting my 8ft Walker Bay out of the water, with a goose neck gate latch added to the forward lifeline link to "lower" the gunwale. Works well...

Chris Miller

Sustaining Member
same here...

We have a 10 ft RIB that we do the same thing with the spin halyard. I have it set up so that the nose stays much higher than the stern, which makes it easier to store upside down on deck. I started using the whisker pole and the spin halyard to lift the motor off with a sling. Works ok and eliminates the need for one of those cranes on the transom.
Chris