• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Does anyone have a full canvas enclosure on an E29?

CamD

Member II
I've recently began developing a new skill. I have bought a walking foot sewing machine and built a Bimini top with help from Sailrite's excellent building a Bimini DVD and it was so much fun I don't want to stop there. I would like to go all the way with a full enclosure and am wondering if anyone else has one on their E29 or 27. I'd like to see how it was done with minimal interference with the primary winches. I have finished the bimini and have it installed but must take it down to make the connecting piece between it and the dodger after next weekend's cruising. I will post pictures after that part is done. Any thoughts on the topic would be greatly appreciated.
Cam Dobson
1971 E29T #143

toddster

Curator of Broken Parts
Blogs Author
When you finish, you can do mine :p After all, sounds like our boats are nearly twins. Do you have end-boom sheeting? I should think that it would be simplest to remove the sides when under way, but I suppose one could do up a complex system of sheet windows and such.

One caution, I've been out on my friends (motorboat) with full canvas and all of that extra sail area made it rather difficult to maneuver in the marinas. Maybe a sailboat wouldn't be affected as much... maybe.