• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Draining the Atomic 4

charlierusty123

Leigh Campbell
Well, the season has come to an end. This is my first year with the Ericson 29 and the Atomic 4 engine. Following the instructions for winter prep I started to drain the engine. I was able to get at 2 of the drain plugs but the 3rd one appears to be under the generator and without removing a lot of engine accessories. One example I saw was an estension which brought the drain out where one can get at it. Anyone know where one can get such a fitting or is it just made up?

Anyway after draining the two plugs I could get at I inserted the water intake tube into a 4 litre (yes, I am Canadian) pail of anti-freeze with rust inhibiters and drew that through the engine (you need to block the thermostat line to ensure the anti-freeze goes into the engine block). Once it starts coming out the exhaust shut the engine off.

jkenan

Member III
You can get everything you need for the A4 at www.moyermarine.com. Don sells a drain port extender exactly like you describe.

You should consider the fresh water cooling kit. You wouldn't need to drain and winterize your engine to the same degree (though you would need to winterize your heat exchanger). Makes that process much more streamlined, and if your in salt water, its a good upgrade to do, plain and simple.

Otherwise, sounds like you've got it down.