• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Drawer hardware Help Needed

Christian Williams

E381 - Los Angeles
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Many of our boats were equipped with Delta Glide 100 sliding drawer hardware. Cheap stuff, but it worked. Many useful threads.

But Delta is now out of business, and forum sources of the originals (Rockler among them) no longer available. The big plastic Delta piece is easy to find, Home Depot has them.

But has anyone found the rail end cap? Several of mine are broken. I may have to make my own.

Delta Glide 100 rail stop.JPG...drawer end cap MG_7788.JPG

Nick J

Sustaining Member
Blogs Author
It's been a few years since I last looked at this but I think you can still find suitable replacement parts on Amazon.

I went a different direction in an attempt to improve the drawers. I installed Blum undermount soft close slides. They are beautiful and give undeniable satisfaction every time you close them. They're next to perfection....until you beat to wind in 25+ knots. Slamming into waves easily overcomes the 5lb opening force and you end up with your wife and kids yelling at you while they play Twister trying to secure everything. Of course I didn't realize this until after I decided the first two worked well enough to purchase replacement slide for every other drawer on the boat. I even relocated my battery charger to behind the nav desk drawers which requires side mount slides for access to the charger. I'm fully committed to the slides now, so I'm currently looking for latches that hold the draws closed while still allowing the slides soft close feature to work. Yes, I remember you suggesting child latches as a simple solution. Hindsight, once again, is 20/20

Ericson knew what they were doing and I shouldn't try to improve on something that works.

20200828_133350.jpg20200908_171449.jpg
20200908_171453.jpg

Tin Kicker

Sustaining Member
I made on out of a piece of nylon plastic. Easy peasy

BUT

My son is buying a 3D printer so we may need to start making stuff like this.
hmmmmmm

Christian Williams

E381 - Los Angeles
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Thanks, Trickd, I ordered a few. They may fit, hard to tell.

And it looks like it would be easy to use a cut-down of the old discarded Delta slides for the same purpose, as rail sockets.

RCsailfast

E35-3 Illinois
These are the part numbers I have for all plastic parts needed for the drawers, however as stated the 70775 Bracket isn't available. When we got the boat hardly a drawer didn’t need at least one of these so we ordered for repairs and spare parts. Thankfully in 4 years no parts have worn out, and are inspected frequently.
Drawer Track Delta GuideR7260Prime Line ProductsAmazon
Drawer Lock (2/pack)H309RV DesignerAmazon
Adjustable Bracket70775JR ProductsAmazon
Roller Drawer Guide70785JR ProductsAmazon

Last edited:
Has anyone found a recent source for the drawer tracks?
My plastic bits are fine, but the steel track is a pile of rust and apparently rust falling in
the cutlery isn’t what the admiral wants….
I can’t seem to find them on Amazon like other old posts seem to suggest.
Cheers
E34-2