• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

E-27 fuel tank leak

Vindauga

I have very small gas tank leak that I think originates from a seam at the very bottom of the tank.I have tried multiple leak stop products but nothing lasts very long. Tank is fiberglassed to the hull so it can’t be removed and it wouldn’t fit through the lazarette opening any way. I think my only option is to cut out the tank and replace it. I believe that the tank is aluminum; does anyone know if that is correct?

Tin Kicker

Sustaining Member
Welcome to EYO but your duplicate thread has been deleted.
Dupe threads are not tolerated on any forum.

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Welcome to EY.o
Please complete your site log in information. Other owners can help you "lots mo betta" when they see what year and model of boat that you own and also the aux engine type and model. And also your sailing area.

If your boat has an OEM fuel tank, it will likely be easiest by far to just remove it and have it repaired or even have a replacement fabricated. I chose the later option when our tank needed an update.

Vindauga

Welcome to EY.o
Please complete your site log in information. Other owners can help you "lots mo betta" when they see what year and model of boat that you own and also the aux engine type and model. And also your sailing area.

If your boat has an OEM fuel tank, it will likely be easiest by far to just remove it and have it repaired or even have a replacement fabricated. I chose the later option when our tank needed an update.
The Vindauga is a 1976 E-28, atomic 4,
I plan on removing the tank but would like to confirm that the tank is aluminum