• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

E-27 Prop Shaft Hose Beside Stuffing Box

Kenna

Long story made short: 1. Boat took on water in wet slip. (Big mess!) 2. Boat donated to Oklahoma City Sea Scouts. 3. Boat now on trailer in dry slip. (Not level - but not sinking.)

Amongst everything else, the hose, clamps and packing for the stuffing box need to be replaced. Packing material and stainless hose clamps can be found online in many places. Have not been able to find the replacement six ply, non-metal reinforced hose. I think the inside diameter measures 1.375". The smallest I have found is 1.5". Am I looking for the wrong size hose? If 1.375" is the correct inside diameter, where can I order one?

Your knowledge and assistance will be greatly appreciated by all, including the boat - Bacchus.

Kenna
Lake Hefner, Oklahoma City

Walter Pearson

Member III
I think you have the size correct. There were never any hoses of that size when I needed one. To build up the stern tube to 1.5" was going to require grinding away to get clearance underneath, so I abandoned that approach. I took the chance with less plies than bona fide stuffing box hose and have used exhaust hose for several years without problem. The unsupported distance on my E27 is so small that I thought this was a reasonable risk.