• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

E-27 Sheered Goose Neck (1978)

japerra

Member II
Hi all,
We were recently in a big storm and our goose neck connection sheered from the mast track. I've taken a look though my photos and don't seem to have anything to go back to for reference for a repair. :-(
Reaching out to any owners that have an E-27 for a photo or any info from anyone that may have had this problem in the past. Is this repairable?
Hoping to repair the goose neck to salvage the remaining and shortened summer before the next lockdowns.
Thank you in advance and pics below. Any help is greatly appreciated.
James O YAA!

Attachments

• IMG_0218.JPG
    IMG_0218.JPG
    90.4 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_0219.JPG
    IMG_0219.JPG
    112.5 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_0220.JPG
    IMG_0220.JPG
    126.7 KB · Views: 37

Guzzisailor

Member II
Had the same thing happed 2 years ago. Brought it over to a local machinist who made a new one out of titanium.BDC3AF01-4C4C-4AFC-A48B-B484B05A888F.jpeg

Attachments

• BDC3AF01-4C4C-4AFC-A48B-B484B05A888F.jpeg
    BDC3AF01-4C4C-4AFC-A48B-B484B05A888F.jpeg
    325.1 KB · Views: 0

japerra

Member II
That's perfect, thank you so much for getting back. May I ask how the pin that goes into the boom gets secured?

Guzzisailor

Member II
You have to take the end cap off the boom and I believe the pin on the goose neck has to be drilled and a s/s cotter pin goes in. Pull the end cap off the boom and you should see how it works.

Mark F

Contributing Partner
Blogs Author
Hi James,
I had that happen also. I thought I had some photos of the fix but I can’t find them. I fixed mine with a bolt. I’m nowhere near my e27 right now so I can’t take a photo but I will when I get back down to Santa Cruz.

Epenn

1985 E30+, San Francisco, CA
Hi James,
I had that happen also. I thought I had some photos of the fix but I can’t find them. I fixed mine with a bolt. I’m nowhere near my e27 right now so I can’t take a photo but I will when I get back down to Santa Cruz.
Sorry for going off topic, but I live in the SF bay and I'm thinking of moving to Santa Cruz. Can you tell me how the sailing conditions compare?

JPS27

Member III
here's picture of the gooseneck on my e27. It has always been bent a bit, causing some worry that it will fail. I'm still not following the explanation as to how that bolt/appendage affixes to the cap on the end of the boom. What's holding it? Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_4171.jpeg
    IMG_4171.jpeg
    130.7 KB · Views: 10

Gaviate

Member III
Thanks, I only ask because I had a "excuse me sir, your pants are on backwards" moment when after 2 seasons of sailing my new to me boat, I discovered that a PO had installed the fitting upside down! There is much joy in learning what you don't know....and now my pants fit better:)