• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

E 34-2 Genoa track manufacturer

patrscoe

Member III
Does anyone know who Ericson used for the genoa (inner) track manufacturer for the 34-2 model?
I would think it would be the same as the 32-2 or 35-2 models, as they were manufactured about the same time.

Thanks in advanced!

Patrick

Rocinante33

Contributing Partner
I would guess that it was Schaeffer. My Genoa cars are that brand and I think the traveler and track are, too. The factory seemed to use it quite a bit.

patrscoe

Member III
Thanks.

I cross reference the track to a standard Merriman T-track, which is basically almost identical to a Schaeffer (older) T-track with a 3/16" thick track T.
I have ordered adjustable cars and they needed the information before they could release the order.

Patrick

patrscoe

Member III
Christian,
I have purchased Grahauer E-Z glide adjustable cars (waiting for delivery)...
While my kids and wife are just not in to sailing, I single hand mostly and think adjustable cars might work better for my type of sailing. Also I feel it is important to position the cars right for proper trim.

I have read that these adjustable cars work well and it allows me to keep my existing genoa track cars.

Christian Williams

E381 - Los Angeles
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
I've been thinking about that. It's a question of simplicity vs. complication, but I seem to do a lot of grovelling on the side decks every time there's a new size of furling genoa.

Do let us have a photo of your control setup when it's ready.