• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

E23 MKII rudder

Sven

Seglare
Now that we have new bottom paint on La Petite it has become very obvious that the rudder is 3-4" too low. Either that or the water line on the rudder is too low :)

That brings up two questions:

- It looks like the rudder should be liftable (slide up a couple of feet ?). Does the rudder actually lift up ?

- Is there supposed to be a sleve or something else to keep the rudder up or what else might I be missing to cause it to be too low in the water ? I am almost positive that the rudder hardware has not been moved down on the transom.

Thanks for any E23 wisdom that would help answer these questions.

-Sven

Seth

Sustaining Partner
One hung LO?

Hi Sven! Curious-what makes you say it is 3-4" too low? Having trouble visualizing this, but if you can explain, maybe I can help...
Good luck!

S

Sven

Seglare
Hi Seth,

Seth said:
Hi Sven! Curious-what makes you say it is 3-4" too low? Having trouble visualizing this, but if you can explain, maybe I can help...
Good luck!

S

The blue bottom paint on the rudder is 3-4 inches lower than on the hull waterline. IOW, 3-4 inches of white rudder is under water. You can kind of see in in the picture below.

-Sven

Attachments

• rudder.jpg
    rudder.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 104