• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

E25 Boom Needed

Steve Swann

Member III
I have a broken boom and it ain't fixable. Sooooo, I need to replace it. Don't ask, I did something really stupid.

The extrusion cross-section doesn't appear to be manufactured anymore. I have a new loose-footed main. What are my options? Is there something out there now that I should consider that is really trick or should I try to replace it with basically what I had? I don't want to replace my mainsail as it is brand spanking new. Remember, I either need to use this new boom (or a gin pole just for this purpose) for raising and lowering my mast.

Suggestions welcome!

Steve,
Really cheap E25's come up on the boat lists. I looked around for you but none seem to be available now. The last one I was aware of was a donated boat for I believe less than 2000.00. I was considering one of these before I came across the needed rudder, etc. I'll keep a watch out. It may be worth the E25 owners stashing booms, masts and other original parts. - Chris

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
You might find a replacement at most any well-attended marine swap meet. 'Most any boom off a similar sized boat should do fine, altho you might have to do re-engineering on the gooseneck...

Loren

ps: could you sleeve the old boom?