• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

E25 Porta Pottie Installation

davelazar

My "new to me" 1977 E25 came with a brand new portpottie that was unmounted. The base of the john is too large for the molded base in my enclosed head. Is there a special john that fits the small angular base, or do I have to make something to attach the standard hold downs to, and hold the forward edge up?

thanks,

dave

Cruzzor

Steve B. - Santa Cruz
I had the same issue

When I removed and disposed of the old sea toilet in my 1977 E-25, that triangular shelf is NOT big enough to mount the portapotty.

I cut a piece of 3/4 inch plywood that covered the triangular shelf and extended a few inches towards the door of the head. The front edge is parallel with the door.

Lag bolt this to the FRP shelf, then mount the portapotty to your new, bigger shelf.

sleather

Sustaining Member
Hold-downs

Something else to concider when installing a Porta-Pottie.:rolleyes:
The hold-down brackets that came w/ mine didn't seem very secure for those "occassional" knockdowns, so I anchored the flush tank handle to a cross bar I have installed behind the PP. A simple large eye screw and some parachord would probably suffice.
The notion of a PP flying across the cabin didn't appeal to me.:eek: