• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

E25 Rudder/Tiller For Sale

Steve Swann

Member III
I have a nice condition, undamaged tiller and rudder for sale from my Ericson 25 c/b if anyone is interested. This one has never split, it doesn't appear to have ever needed repair for PO damage, not been been abused, nothing is bent, no rust pouring out of it, and hardware on rudder included. The tiller has been refinished and it is solid with no dry rot or mystery holes in it. I purchased a new one from Idasailor Marine that is lighter with a better positioned tiller height, and best of all, it kicks up if I do something stupid in thin water. It was worth it to me to make the upgrade and this is the reason the old one is for sale. $250 plus shipping would get it to you. I also have a centerboard spine for making of a new centerboard if anyone is interested in this as well. The hard work is already done on this baby, just foam, fair, and glass over.

I'll post pictures in the next couple of days if someone is interested.

Steve Swann
Boise, ID

Steve Swann

Member III
Made of Laminated Tumbleweed & Potato Skin Glue

Actually, the tiller is laminated ash and mahogany re-laminated with epoxy under pressure, finished in Cetol. I removed one strip of ash that was beginning to dry rot near the small end of the handle (someone had made a screw hole in the top and water seeped in causing some damage to one layer. The unexpected benefit was that it made it a bit thinner and far more comfortable for smaller hands, yet its strength is still very adequate.