• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

E26-2 Owners Manual ?

acubria

Member II
Is there such a thing as an owners manual for e26-2 ? If yes, is it posted somewhere and downloadable ?
Can anyone tell me how tall my the mast is (from waterline ) and what the capacity of the diesel fuel deposit is? I have a Yanmar 1gm in the boat, not sure if that makes a difference. And what is the procedure to see if the fuel tank needs cleaning? I have not even looked into this, just trying to get a bit of info in advance.
thanks

Dave G.

1984 E30+ Ludington, MI
Arturo, See attached link for 26-2, you can get pretty close by using these dimensions and a measuring tape. this also states fuel capacity @ 15 gallons. That being said this database is reliable but not 100% accurate. If you have access to the top of your fuel tank look for a sticker, it will have capacity on that. If you do have access to top of tank look for a inspection plate which would be 4-6" in diameter. If it has one you can open it up and inspect and or clean. If you don't have an inspection plate you may be able to get a peek at the bottom of the tank through the fuel gauge sending unit. It will be a small round plate with 3 or 4 screws holding it on and a couple wires connected to it. It's small though so very limited view. Other option is to cut a inspection port so you can give it a proper clean.

acubria

Member II
Arturo, See attached link for 26-2, you can get pretty close by using these dimensions and a measuring tape. this also states fuel capacity @ 15 gallons. That being said this database is reliable but not 100% accurate. If you have access to the top of your fuel tank look for a sticker, it will have capacity on that. If you do have access to top of tank look for a inspection plate which would be 4-6" in diameter. If it has one you can open it up and inspect and or clean. If you don't have an inspection plate you may be able to get a peek at the bottom of the tank through the fuel gauge sending unit. It will be a small round plate with 3 or 4 screws holding it on and a couple wires connected to it. It's small though so very limited view. Other option is to cut a inspection port so you can give it a proper clean.

Dave, is this the inspection plate you are referring to?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-04-01 at 8.08.22 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-04-01 at 8.08.22 PM.png
    903.4 KB · Views: 12

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
It's probably just my OCD kicking in... but I would want to first take a small wire brush to that whole area, with a shop vac hose adjacent. :)

Dave G.

1984 E30+ Ludington, MI
Arturo,
That is the fuel level gauge/sender plate. You will be able to see a limited area of the tank through that access. If you want to see to the bottom it would be much better to pump all the fuel out into container(s). As Loren's (OCD) said you need to clean off that area, disconnect the wires, remove screws and gently lift the the assembly out. You will probably have to kind of roll it to one side as there is a float assembly attached to the plate. Once you have the plate off you can use a fuel transfer pump to remove fuel and then with a flashlight you will be able to see the bottom. If it's real dirty you will have to cut a larger hole to clean it out. They sell "fuel access port" kits or you can make your own. I would think you will need at least a 6" hole but that's up to you and what space you have.

Dave G.

1984 E30+ Ludington, MI
Arturo, It looks like the fuel tank manufacturers tag is to the right of the fuel gauge. If you clean that off it will contain the tank capacity info you were looking for.

markvone

Sustaining Member
Arturo,

My E26-2 brochure says 15 gal. A copy is in resources. My 84 E26-2 #205 had 15 gal.
Don't freak out if you see some gunk stuck to the sides and bottom of the tank. My tank looked like the picture below and my engine was running fine. The gunk was pretty well stuck to the tank. I did add access ports to the tank and clean it out to avoid problems in rough seas in the future.

E26 documents are in the resources section (download them all) but don't expect an "Owner's Manual" that details all. Your boat is almost 40 years old, so the odds of things not looking like it left the factory are pretty high. The best approach is to investigate the exact details of your boat, either when you have an issue or just pick an area or system and poke into it. Take lots of pictures and write details down like dimensions, serial numbers and part numbers where you find them. I like to draw so I diagram wiring and hoses (see example below) which really helps me remember details. I write my stuff down in a steno pad by date like a diary (I'm on Book 3 at 10 years). When I get a make and model number for something I look for a manual for it on the internet and save it (and print it 'cause I'm old). So, I guess what I'm saying is you have to make your own Owner's Manual for your specific boat.

Also, ask questions here and most likely someone has already done most of what you need and will gladly share.

Mark

IMG_1699.JPGGLIDE Engine Hoses.jpgGLIDE Manuals.JPG