• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

E26 - Lifeline gate size

vasuvius

Member II
I need to replace some of the gates on my life lines. The lines themselves are fine but some of the gates are stuck.

Would something like this work ?

Does anyone know if the thread is 1/4 - 28 ? Or a 3/16 ? It's definitely LH.

Thanks, Vasu

goldenstate

Sustaining Member
Blogs Author
I need to replace some of the gates on my life lines. The lines themselves are fine but some of the gates are stuck.
Have you tried lubricating them with light oil?
Would something like this work ?
Yes, very well. I put them on my boat.
Does anyone know if the thread is 1/4 - 28 ? Or a 3/16 ? It's definitely LH.
Order both and return what does not fit. For its faults, West Marine has a very generous return acceptance policy.

Thanks, Vasu

If your clasp is not working you might also consider replacing your lifelines if you want to rely on them in emergency situations. Especially if the cables are vinyl coated.

vasuvius

Member II
Have you tried lubricating them with light oil?

Yes, very well. I put them on my boat.

Order both and return what does not fit. For its faults, West Marine has a very generous return acceptance policy.

If your clasp is not working you might also consider replacing your lifelines if you want to rely on them in emergency situations. Especially if the cables are vinyl coated.

I have the older ring style clasp and sometimes it rotates to a position where it's hard to move either direction. Not a lube issue - more like something lost it's shape.

KS Dave

Dastardly Villain
Blogs Author
Thank you. I just ordered. I just need to replace the one that gets used most frequently - where we get on/off from the launch
Just to affirm your purchase, I ordered this (1/4" 28 LH) recently and it was a fit. I ordered the body-only version and found it to be a little short, so I've had to add a shackle on the stanchion end to make sure the gate can latch. YMMV.