• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

E27 fathometer transducer location

CWM

Chuck
FYI:

The attached photo is of the location of the transducer in my 1973 E27.
Note that I used silicone sealant to glue it directly to the hull.

The use of a lead line, verified the digital readout while at the berth.

Note that the prop shaft (and the Atomic 4) has been removed, as I am using an outboard motor.

Fathometer is a <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"><meta name="ProgId" content="Word.Document"><meta name="Generator" content="Microsoft Word 11"><meta name="Originator" content="Microsoft Word 11"><link rel="File-List" href="file:///C:%5CUsers%5CChuckS%5CAppData%5CLocal%5CTemp%5Cmsohtml1%5C01%5Cclip_filelist.xml"><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:punctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><style> <!-- /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; mso-bidi-font-size:10.0pt; font-family:Arial; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman";} h3 {mso-style-next:Normal; margin-top:0in; margin-right:0in; margin-bottom:0in; margin-left:.35in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; mso-outline-level:3; font-size:11.0pt; mso-bidi-font-size:10.0pt; font-family:Arial; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; font-weight:normal;} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> </style><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]-->Uniden QT 206W

Attachments

• DSCF6117.jpg
    DSCF6117.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 755

missalot

Member II
I have an E29, our hulls should be real similar. I epoxied my depth transducers to the inside of the hull, been working great. One is an Apelco and one is a Navman.

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Airmar problems

Chuck, That looks just like the Airmar model P79 transducer that came with my Garmin depth sounder module kit.
I filled it with the recommended water/antifreeze mix and "locked" the top on with the bayonet mount with its O-ring.
Couple months later one of the little teeny indentations in the case that one side of the top locks into broke off of its own accord. Enough liquid escaped that the transducer lost contact and quit reading.
It is a very under-sized bit of plastics casting, IMHO. I have it tied down now with some light line (!).
In retrospect I would have been better off with a flat-face "hockey puck" transducer glued to the hull surface.

YMMV.

Loren