• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

E27 FOR SALE: has DIESEL, DODGER, ProFURL and much more

Dave Hussey

Member III
Motivated to sell. $7000. Moored on Anderson Island, near Tacoma Washington. Recently hauled for zincs and paint. The sale of my 1976 E27 named Bluewing will include:
10amp West Marine smart charger, two marine batteries, Volvo MD6B Diesel (under 2000 hours estimated since rebuild by previous owner: Pacific Seacraft), new laminated tiller, LaFielle boom with internal lines, ProFurl furling headstay, three blade Michigan bonze propellor and much more. Includes 2 headsails, 2 spinnakers, 1 main. (Note: the sails are tired)
Numerous upgrades have been made: additional storage, custom tiller, dodger, plumbing, wiring, shaft, cutless bearing,..
Includes: Magna barbecue, propane stove, microwave oven, Harken dual stage self tending winches, Michigan three blade propellor, Jabco head, chain and rhode ground tackle, Danforth anchor, rail anchor hangers on bow and stern pulpit, transom boarding ladder, Pioneer am/fm/cassette player, VHF radio, B&G instruments, 2 fire extinguishers, there may be more I am forgetting...
Please call for more information, or to come and see Bluewing. Thanks for looking.
Dave Hussey 253-549-6992BlueWing.jpg

Windancer808

Windancer
Hi David,

I am living in Honolulu and applied for a slip at the Ala Wai Boat Harbor about 2.5 years ago for a category A and B slip. My A slip came up this last week and limits me to a length of 28'. I am looking at an E27 here in Hawaii but it is a somewhat rundown boat. I am interested in your E-28, but given that I live on Oahu would need to A) sail the boat over or B) ship it and/or C) if I sailed it, making sure it is sound enough to make the passage. Please tell me a little more about the boat please. How is the bottom, does it have a Barrier Coat ? How is the engine? You say the sails look tired. That means replacing them? How old are the chain plates and standing rigging? With the current Covid-19 situation there are travel restrictions in place. I am not sure if I flew over, if I had to quarantine in WA. So doing this remotely would require to see as many pictures as you can send me. I am trying to get a picture of not only the aquisition cost, but also the additional replacements for rigging, lines, sails, etc. Also, and this is important as well, we are currently in the Pacific Hurricane Season until November. Perhaps I could leave the boat with a friend in WA or get a slip where you are, fiix what needs fixing and sail in the spring time? I have a clear understaning of the cost factor, but need to know HOW much cost. Is it worth the time and money as opposed to buying an older boat and fix it here. I saild the E-27 and was actually surprised how well she behaved. So talk to me and send me some pics so I can make that decision.

Thank you.
Joe HIllje

Dave Hussey

Member III
Motivated to sell. $7000. Moored on Anderson Island, near Tacoma Washington. Recently hauled for zincs and paint. The sale of my 1976 E27 named Bluewing will include:
10amp West Marine smart charger, two marine batteries, Volvo MD6B Diesel (under 2000 hours estimated since rebuild by previous owner: Pacific Seacraft), new laminated tiller, LaFielle boom with internal lines, ProFurl furling headstay, three blade Michigan bonze propellor and much more. Includes 2 headsails, 2 spinnakers, 1 main. (Note: the sails are tired)
Numerous upgrades have been made: additional storage, custom tiller, dodger, plumbing, wiring, shaft, cutless bearing,..
Includes: Magna barbecue, propane stove, microwave oven, Harken dual stage self tending winches, Michigan three blade propellor, Jabco head, chain and rhode ground tackle, Danforth anchor, rail anchor hangers on bow and stern pulpit, transom boarding ladder, Pioneer am/fm/cassette player, VHF radio, B&G instruments, 2 fire extinguishers, there may be more I am forgetting...
Please call for more information, or to come and see Bluewing. Thanks for looking.
Dave Hussey 253-549-6992View attachment 34428
SOLD

Dave Hussey

Member III
Hi David,

I am living in Honolulu and applied for a slip at the Ala Wai Boat Harbor about 2.5 years ago for a category A and B slip. My A slip came up this last week and limits me to a length of 28'. I am looking at an E27 here in Hawaii but it is a somewhat rundown boat. I am interested in your E-28, but given that I live on Oahu would need to A) sail the boat over or B) ship it and/or C) if I sailed it, making sure it is sound enough to make the passage. Please tell me a little more about the boat please. How is the bottom, does it have a Barrier Coat ? How is the engine? You say the sails look tired. That means replacing them? How old are the chain plates and standing rigging? With the current Covid-19 situation there are travel restrictions in place. I am not sure if I flew over, if I had to quarantine in WA. So doing this remotely would require to see as many pictures as you can send me. I am trying to get a picture of not only the aquisition cost, but also the additional replacements for rigging, lines, sails, etc. Also, and this is important as well, we are currently in the Pacific Hurricane Season until November. Perhaps I could leave the boat with a friend in WA or get a slip where you are, fiix what needs fixing and sail in the spring time? I have a clear understaning of the cost factor, but need to know HOW much cost. Is it worth the time and money as opposed to buying an older boat and fix it here. I saild the E-27 and was actually surprised how well she behaved. So talk to me and send me some pics so I can make that decision.

Thank you.
Joe HIllje
Sorry Joe, she is no longer available. Thankyou for your inquiry. Good luck.