• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

E27 Marine Head bolts

raleighm

Member II
I am considering changing out the original Raritan PHII on my E27 to a Wilcox Head Mate that has a different mounting bolt pattern. Does anyone know if the mounting bolts are lag screws that simply screw into the fiberglass platform or a wood backing plate? I am wondering how I will attach the new head to the platform since there is no access to the area under the platform.

Raleigh

E29 Head

The PO of our boat actually cut out an access panel in the side of the base of the head platform. He installed a nice looking hinged teak door over the opening. I had to tighten the bolts on our PHII head the other day and without this access it would have been impossible. There were nuts on the bottom of the bolts, not a wooden base to screw into.

I'm not familiar with the layout of the E27 but it should be similar.

rgoff

Member III
I replaced my original E27 head a couple of years ago. If I remember correctly (and that's not 100% sure), there were lag bolts attaching the head. Since I would have had no way of get to the underside of the mounting location, I'm almost certain that's the case.

Try removing one bolt and see what it is.