• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

E27 Mast Replacement

Jorik

Has anyone replaced a mast for E27, I am wondering what is the ball park cost for such a project?

Thanks,
Eugene

ignacio

Member III
Blogs Author
Considering this myself

Hi Eugene,

I've considered this myself and wondering what's got you considering it. I have more review and inspection (and costing out!) to do before making a decision as well.

Has anyone replaced a mast for E27, I am wondering what is the ball park cost for such a project?

Thanks,
Eugene

Jorik

I am storing the boat with the mast in and Yesterday, i noticed a 3-4 inches vertical crack at the bottom of the mast inside of the track where the boom etc gets attached. It might be due to the water freezing inside of the mast, i still need to make some pictures to see if anyone had similar problem.

Eugene

bayhoss

Member III
Mast replacement

In May the mast of my 28 came down, and for a while (until I located and retrived the old one) it looked like a replacement may be in order. For my 28, mast height of 40'-0" the salvage yards were getting between $1000.00 and 1,500.00. Fittings and spreaders extra. But on a more upbeat note I did find one in very usable condition for $300.00. Shop around, and then shop more. There are deals out there.

Hope this helps,
Frank