• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

E27 table

Mark F

Contributing Partner
Blogs Author
I posted some photos for Stuart (Stargazer) in a folder in the Community area.

Does anyone know how to organize the order of photos in the albums? They are in no particular order.

Loren, Sean?

Thanks

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Nice looking project!
I have never tried to set up an order for pictures, altho I can see why it would be a bit better for project continuity.
Maybe Sean has some insight into this part of the site software.
Best,
Loren

Last edited:

AleksT

Member III
What supports the middle of the boards when it they are set up as a berth? I have been considering this sort of project for my e27.

Jeff Asbury

Principal Partner
creative and well thought out solution

Wow, very nice work and a very creative and well thought out solution. Thanks for posting.

In all the years I have been lurking on this site, I don't think I every visited the Community tab or the photo albums. Looks like I'm gonna be busy creating a album for my boat soon. :rolleyes:

Mark F

Contributing Partner
Blogs Author
Hi AleksT,

The table is 3/4" ply and hinged in the center with a piano hinge, it's very sturdy. The span is only 41", there is no center support.

Hey Jeff,

It's nice having the 'Community" section, it's a convenient way to have photos available without having to search through threads. Lots of good stuff there. Look forward to your photos :).

upnorthfrank

Member II
Nice!!!

Looks nice & I like the idea, the athwartships berthing arrangement that you pulled off here is something I'm thinking about doing in the cabin of my C26MKII. Doing this would give me the legroom my 6'2" length requires-

How do you like veneering that A/C?!? Did you find a flat sheet?!? Interesting...wondering if you bagged it, pressed it or snapped it in place w/ contact cement?!?

davisr

Member III
Mark,

Clever idea. Really like it. Where do you store those extra cushions, in the V?

Also, you mentioned that you might want to turn the unfinished board into a cockpit table. Bruce Bingham has a nice drawing of a tiller-mounted table in his Sailor's Sketchbook. Simple and effective.

Roscoe

Mark F

Contributing Partner
Blogs Author
Hi Frank,

I did write that I used ac but the more I think about it I think it was birch or some other shop or furniture grade, I'll check. I just contact cemented it.

Hi Roscoe,

I do keep them in the vee berth.

Attachments

• DSCN4049.jpg
    DSCN4049.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 171

Randy Rutledge

Sustaining Member
Mark
Did you veneer the edges or are they stripped with solid wood and veneered over?
I have my original Formica table on Rumkin setup to drop down to form an athwart ship berth but have planned to replace it with a wood table and your’s is a beautiful setup.
The seat back cushions arrange to cover the table/berth perfectly.

Mark F

Contributing Partner
Blogs Author
Hi Randy,

I used iron-on wood veneer edge banding on the edges of the table top.

Randy Rutledge

Sustaining Member
Thanks

I am going to do a very similar table for my E29. The Vberth is my bed but it will be nice to lay there on a bed in the salon and watch movies and relax or to have for guest.

stuartm80127

Member II
E27 Table - thanks

Hi Mark, That table looks great!! Thanks for the ideas. I am going to try to do something as nice on my E27 table. The dual use as a bed is even nicer. Probably the only way I (6'8") can actually sleep on the boat short of being in the cave.

Stuart