• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

E27 Throttle Controle

Avi

I have a 1976 E27 with a late model Atomic 4. I working on the engine to get it started for the first time since I bought it and I am hoping to clarify a strage thing the seller told me. He Said that the throttle on the board is backword, which is to say to to accelater you pull it back. I have the binacle and wheel model and the throttle is on the startborad side. Is the normal? Does anyone else have it setup this way?

thanks for your help.

Glyn Judson

Throttle action reversed.

Avi, From what you say below, it sounds like yours is operating properly and doing what it should do by increasing revs when you pull the handle aft, etc. If I'm reading you wrong, the following should help. I too had the same problem with a replacement Yanmar 3 from the original Yanmar 2 in our Ericson. It's just a matter of the throttle arm working above the pivot point on one engine and below the pivot line on the other. Email me back channel and I'll send you a few photos of my setup that reverses the action back to the original which is to say throttle pulled aft, revs go up, throttle pushed forward and they go down. Glyn Judson, E31 hull #55, Marina del Rey, CA glynjudson@roadrunner.com

paul culver

Member III
On my E29 forward on the throttle is higher revs. I had the engine pulled for service and when they reinstalled it the throttle was reversed, like yours. They fixed it quickly at no charge so I assume it was an easy fix like that described in the previous post.

Paul
E29 "Bear"

toddbrsd

Ex-Viking, Now Native American
Same here

My 1976, E27 is as also as you described. Throttle stick up=idle. Throttle stick aft=go.