• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

E28 Shoal draft manual

EYonMagathy

Good morning; first post. I have a E28 on the lard and looking for a manual. I searched and didn;t find any good links. I read i another post that any manual of the same vintage year would work... any suggestions?
TIA

gabriel

Live free or die hard
hey welcome!

The manual for your boat was available on this site but there was JUST a major overhaul of the software over the weekend and those files don’t seem to be available just yet.

Is there something in specific about you boat you would like to know or you just want to the manual? Reason I ask is because I have an e25 which uses many of the same components, maybe I can help you.

Sean Engle

Your Friendly Administrator
Administrator
Founder
Good morning; first post. I have a E28 on the lard and looking for a manual. I searched and didn;t find any good links. I read i another post that any manual of the same vintage year would work... any suggestions?
TIA
I'll mail it to you back channel.

//sse

EYonMagathy

Thanks, guys!
Sean, I received the Manual; much appreciate it.
As I mentioned, she is on the hard at the moment. While docked, she starting taking on water and the pumps either didn't work at all or weren't able to keep up. So, shes on the hard now (for a while) and I'm going to try and figure out why she starting taking on water unexpectedly.... looking at (R&R?) all the thru-hulls, looking at the pumps, electrical, etc. Stem to stern, as they say.
Thanks again,
Paul

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
I would hazard a SWAG that your boat is an early-mid 80's model. Given the probably age this would be a good time (and reason) to overhaul the dewatering systems. Hoses get old and crack/leak. The check valves in pumps lose their flex and ability to seal. Wiring that goes into the bilge area corrodes. And, those infamous Rule float switches simply stop working for no known reason.
Over the last decade I have gone thru all of these systems, and until the evil Forces of Entropy launch another sneak attack, everything works great. :)

Our boat came with the offshore-rating-standard of a cockpit-mounted manual bilge pump adjacent to the helm. And two separate 12 volt umps for the central bilge -- both are Jabsco 37202- series models. Separate float switches and control panels. And all powered by a larger breaker on the 12 volt distribution panel.

I advocate renewing all hoses about every 20 years (to use a round number). A few years ago the big manual pump would no longer prime and turned out not to be (very easily) rebuildable, and was replaced. One the two ($) Jabsco pumps was replaced. The float switches, OTOH, seem to be sacrificial. And that's in a mostly dry bilge in a fresh water environment.

All this stuff can be labor intensive and occasionally expensive, but look at these systems as part of your 'insurance' plan.

I hope the water that got in did not harm the cabin sole. Or higher up. Yikes... :(

Speaking of thru hulls, I also have replaced all of the above-water ones aft with SS. I have, over the decades, replaced the original below-water ones with the newer Forespar series 93 composite ones.