• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

E29 fuel tank removal

Randy Rutledge

Sustaining Member
I finally got the nerve up to cut the lowest tip off the gas tank on RUMKIN my E29. I used a hacksaw to cut the welds and a bone saw to finish the cuts across the plate aluminum. It was necessary to remove about four inches of the deepest part to remove the tank from the boat.

I am including pictures to let you know what the inside of the tank can look like and to let you know the dangers. In the pictures you will see the hole and the kitty litter looking stuff that was in the tank. There was a post about an A4 carb filled with gray goop, I also have had that problem, I think this is the stuff.
Not only did I have a hole in the tank but the filler hose that connects the tank to the deck plate had a ½” cut at the top of the tank neck that would leak if laid over hard to port or if the tank was topped off.

The top portion of the tank needs cleaning but is in good shape, I am thinking of having a plate welded over the hole and reusing the tank.
Yes-No-Maybe?

If you have a 25 year old gas burner check the tank and hoses often

Attachments

• tank 001 text.JPG
    tank 001 text.JPG
    57.3 KB · Views: 75
  • tank 005.jpg
    tank 005.jpg
    122.2 KB · Views: 66
  • tank 006.jpg
    tank 006.jpg
    121.9 KB · Views: 80