• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

E29 Sails for sale

IslandTime29

Member II
I have the following for sale. Shipping and PayPal are extra.

1). 170% Genoa. Although 34 years old, this sail is like new. Had it inspected by DDS Sailmakers here in Nashville, Tenn. yesterday. He was amazed at the excellent condition. It is made for use with a foil system. Luff is approximately 38 feet. $450.00

2). 135% Genoa. Used as primary jib for past two years. Been kept in jib bag, some stains, but still in good condition. It is made for use with a foil system. Luff is approximately 38 feet. $350.00

Please contact me at jrmorris1980@hotmail.com

Justin

mherrcat

Contributing Partner
Who is the sailmaker of the 170?
When you say a "foil system" do you mean "roller furling?"
Do you know if the luff tape on the 170 will work with a Harken MKIII roller furler?

Got any pics?

IslandTime29

Member II
Hello Mark,

The Foil System I have is a track, like a roller furling. I am having a roller furling unit installed in the next few weeks and all of my current sails will work on the roller furler, if that makes sense.

I do not know if it will work with that unit, but I don't know why it wouldn't. Someone else should be able to jump in here and say yay or nay.

The sailmaker was in Cleveland, Ohio. This boat was brought to Tennessee from Cleveland. Will see if I can find a name on bag, but it was made in 1977 or so. The stitching and condition of the sail was inspected by Ken at DDS Sailmakers in Nashville, Tenn. on Saturday. He is the one installing my new roller furling unit. I just have too many sails and will use money from selling a couple to help offset cost of the new unit.

Justin

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
"Foiled Again"

Foil sizing has pretty much standardized in the last 20 or 30 years, but measure the opening and the old luff tape. The numbers represent the diameter in 32nds of an inch. Thus a #5 luff tape will measure 5/32".

So, you could have a size 5 or 6, and the tape should tell the tale. (If I'm mistaken about that perhaps one of our sailmakers can check in with more accurate info.)

Loren

IslandTime29

Member II
I luckily still had sail bags in trunk of my car, so ran out and measured the foil tape. There are two "cords" to this, the outer one is 5/32", the inner is about 7/32".

mherrcat

Contributing Partner
Still interested in knowing what brand the 170 is.

Any chance you could take a couple of pics of the luff tape cord area and calculate a ground shipping cost to 93309?

Does the guy who inspected the sail know what weight the sail cloth it is?

IslandTime29

Member II
Had my parts manager at my dealership estimate shipping. He said should be $50 to $60. I say $50 and if its more, I will pickup extra cost. I'll also take care of PayPal fees.

Sailmaker was Fracker Sailmakers in Cleveland, Ohio. I took a picture of tag on sail and also where sailmaker signed it. My local sailmaker said this was a custom sail due to the signing.

My sailmaker said it was a 5.9 to 6 oz weight sail cloth.

Let me know if you want it. Drop me at e-mail at jrmorris1980@hotmail.com

Thank you,

Justin

Attachments

• 170% Genoa 001.jpg
    170% Genoa 001.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 53
  • 170% Genoa 004.jpg
    170% Genoa 004.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 58
  • 170% Genoa 005.jpg
    170% Genoa 005.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 53
  • 170% Genoa 002.jpg
    170% Genoa 002.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 55
  • 170% Genoa 003.jpg
    170% Genoa 003.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:

toddbrsd

Ex-Viking, Now Native American
Try Craigslist

I listed a Genoa headsail in good condition on here for $150, about 2 months ago with no bites. Put it on Craigslist for $200 and sold it within a couple of days to a Catalina owner. Good Luck.