• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

e29 Tampa Bay

jamin

Hello. Here are a few photos of our e29.

P3051777.jpg

P3051765.jpg

P3051762.jpg

My father and I picked her up in December. So far, she's been great...plenty of projects to keep us busy. I'll detail some of those here in due time.

fair winds,
Jamin

jkenan

Member III
Beautiful boat, and excellent photography! Welcome to the site, I think you will find plenty of kindred spirits here... and great information and ideas.

We've had our E29 since 2005. Love it.... And yes, there are (always) plenty of projects. Because we love it, they are tend to be something to look forward to doing, and something to be proud of once accomplished. I have learned so much about many things I knew nothing about beforehand - woodworking & mechanics for starters - for which I will always value.

Looking forward to hearing about your experience. In the meantime, enjoy the sailing - I am constantly in awe of how great this boat sails, and the overall comfort she offers.

jamin

project 1 overview

As many of you have found, I'm sure, there were wires EVERYWHERE going NOWHERE. Some were zip tied to the exhaust. Some where connected with wire nuts. Some were more a connection of splices than a wire.

DSC_0987.jpg

We decided to start over.

Luckily, the PO had started to think about doing it and picked up this:
DSC_9298.jpg

Unluckily, it didn't fit anywhere. It also didn't fit where I wanted it. The breakers and meters alone are a good start, so I popped open the laptop and drew a suitable replacement.

A trip down to a friend's shop and a few steaks later I had this:
DSC_0967.jpg

...so I countersunk a few holes
DSC_0989.jpg

We then placed the breakers, LEDs and meters and bolted her in.
DSC_1013.jpg

We bolted this down below in place of the original (non-functional) battery charger.
DSC_0968.jpg

The wiring of the whole system is what comes next, but that is much less glamorous and I wouldn't want to scare anybody. We got that done over a few weekends and I feel much more confident in the boat's electrical system.

p.s. the A/C system was condemned during the survey. All is good now.

also, a note for those who had an atomic4 and have that same blower switch. If you pull it out, there are 2 holes perfectly sized for 2 cigarette lighter power plugs.

cheers,
Jamin

jkenan

Member III
Good stuff!

I took a very similar approach, but constructed my new panel out of a fiberglass sheet (I lay them up periodically, and inevitably they all get used somehow). I built templates in Adobe Illustrator using specs from Blue Sea's website for breakers, battery selector switch, voltmeter, and labels, and used a vinyl cutter at work to cut masks for drilling, cutting openings and finally, painting. The finished piece came out about exactly as the image posted below, complete with panel lights and all. All original electrical wiring was replaced, with heat shrink terminals and clean routing. This was a very worthwhile endeavor. Knowing the electrical on your boat is clean, protected, and installed for the long haul definitly feels good.

See, I told you there were kindred spirits here...

Attachments

• CombindedSwitchPanel_V3.jpg
    CombindedSwitchPanel_V3.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 185
Last edited:

jkenan

Member III
Finally got a photo of the electrical panel installed. Havn't hooked up the 120V power yet, and need to glass in some dividers/walls and install an opening cover on the back side of the panel in order to isolate the 120V circuits. Otherwise, all the DC is done except for the installation of a volt meter, which will go to the left of the selector switch.
NewPanel.JPG

thomthod

Member II
Wow!

Very nice Pictures! I have had the new blooz since January and its been project after project. I just put in the new fuel tank. I had a local guy build me one to custom fit for 300 which I thought was a fair price. The old one was just that! 40 + years old, stainless and heavy and corroded etc. This should be my last major project before I put the boom vang on this summer as well as a boom kicker that I kept from my Morgan 27. I repainted the decks and the non skid, I still need to paint and clean up the pedastal!

Fair Winds

Thom Mason
Blooz Traveler
71 E29

Attachments

• 735.jpg
    735.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 211