• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

E29 water tank size?

chrisukleja

Have acquired an abandoned boat that has no water tank under the stbd quarter berth. What's the biggest standard off-the-shelf tank that can fit under there?

Chris
E29 Mojo, Va

paul culver

Member III
According to the manufacturer's specifications it is 16.7 gallons. Check out the Links/Downloads section on this site for all kinds of documentation on your Ericson.

Paul
E29 "Bear"

toddster

Curator of Broken Parts
Blogs Author
Logically, the "largest" stock tank that could fit through the hatch and fill the space would be one or more bladder tanks. But how large do you need on an e29? Unless you are planning a major voyage, it may not be worth the hassle to keep tanked water potable. Most people I know take bottled water on weekend trips for drinking and just use the tank for wash water.

I haven't got to that part of the "refit" yet on my boat. A PO bought all new tanks, but the water and holding tanks don't actually quite fit, and are just stuffed loose in their lockers, with one corner sticking out. Will measure next time I'm in the boat (hiding from work.)