• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

E30 photos ?

gengel

Need to replace rudder on a '69 E30. Hoping someone has an out of water photo they would share.
Thanks

Tom Dilworth

Need to replace rudder on a '69 E30. Hoping someone has an out of water photo they would share.
Thanks
Thanks
Thanks
Hi Gengel,
I have a 1967 Ericson 30 which I’ve gone through top to bottom, including rebuilding the rudder. They are good boats and well worth owning. I’m currently on my way to Alaska and it may take me a day or two to round up whatever I have. I’ll get back to you. By the way, there was an article about my E30 Ellie in the June issue of Latitude 38 magazine, available online. Around page 90. See ya, Tom Dilworth.

Tom Dilworth

Hi Gengel,
I have a 1967 Ericson 30 which I’ve gone through top to bottom, including rebuilding the rudder. They are good boats and well worth owning. I’m currently on my way to Alaska and it may take me a day or two to round up whatever I have. I’ll get back to you. By the way, there was an article about my E30 Ellie in the June issue of Latitude 38 magazine, available online. Around page 90. See ya, Tom Dilworth.
Gengel, article June 2022.

gengel

Tom,
Whatever you have will be appreciated. I talked to Foss and they do not have a mold so I think I will repost asking specifically for dimensional drawings. I see older thread about a 32' with a sketch so maybe someone has built one for a 30'.

Tom Dilworth

Tom,
Whatever you have will be appreciated. I talked to Foss and they do not have a mold so I think I will repost asking specifically for dimensional drawings. I see older thread about a 32' with a sketch so maybe someone has built one for a 30'.
Hi Gengel,
I have a haul out photo of my boat, but it’s really hard to see the detail, plus I altered the rudder from the original. I extended the cabin by 7” and therefore the cockpit is shorter and I made the rudder more vertical so the tiller would have more room to swing. Seems to work. But that doesn’t help you.
I will haul out at the end of summer and there is another E30 in the storage yard that I could take accurate measurements from if you can wait that long. Also, I’m buddy boating with yet another E30 to Alaska. I’ll meet up with him in a few days and see if he has any info about the rudder. Also, they sometimes do insurance survey haul outs where they suspend the boat from the travel lift for enough time for the surveyor to do his thing, then put the boat back in the water. Something like that would give you enough time to make a template. That would work.
I hope this helps, Tom

Mark F

Contributing Partner
Blogs Author
Tom,
We would all like to see any photos of your gorgeous E30-1 even if it is just the rudder ;-)