• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

E31 Indepenence/cruiser cockpit question

fullandby

I am curious as to the size of the cockpit on these boats. How long are the benches? What is the overall width/length of the cockpit? Thanks for any replies.

Glyn Judson

E31 cockpit size.

Dear friend, It's too bad that I only read your post last evening after spending the day on our boat. I'll hang on to your question and next time I'm at the boat, I'll check those measurement unless someone else beats me to the punch. Keiffer, David, Greg, Kurt or any other E31 owners, can you pitch in and help? Glyn Judson, E31 hull #55, Marina del Rey CA

kurtvoss

Kurt Voss
attachment.php
attachment.php

Fullandby--I'm out of town until this coming Sunday, but I'd be happy to take some measurements for you when I return. In the meantime, here are a couple of photos of ENCORE's roomy cockpit.

Attachments

• P1040422.jpg
    P1040422.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 102
  • P1040423.jpg
    P1040423.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 111

Glyn Judson

E31 cockpit size.

Dear friend, I stopped by the boat this morning and came up with the following. The overall length of the cockpit from the cabin bulkhead to the rear of the bench seat in the T-shaped cockpit is 97". That includes a 13" bridge deck leaving the cockpit benches approximately 48" long. The slightly tapered coaming measures 75" just aft of the traveler and 64" at the aft of the two benches. The benches themselves are 20" deep while the cockpit sole is 32" wide. Here's hoping that this helps. Are you building something neat for an E31 cockpit or what? Curious minds want to know. Glyn Judson, E31 hull #55, Marina del Rey CA

Glyn Judson

Sleeping in the cockpit.

Dear friend, I steam bent teak and attached them to the ends of the benches so as to accept inserts I made to fill the gab between them and the aft seat. The space is perfect for a throwable PFD and with all that in place, one can sleep comfortably with foot room to spare, photos attached Glyn. Hull #55, Cockpit insert #2.jpgHull #55, Cockpit insert #1.jpg