• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

E31 Indy

b-dawg

I'm a new owner of an '79 E-31, Solitaire. Homeport San Diego. Doing refurb. etc. Wondering if any others around in the general location. Previous boat was Kettenburg 41' and before that a "69 E-30 Mk-1. Any info is welcome- as the usual case, any boat 40 yrs. old has history and the uncovering is an adventure. Always appreciated the Independence lines and qualities. Cheers

Last edited:

Glyn Judson

E31 in San Diego.

Dear friend, If you can tell me the hull number I'll be able to share with you what I know about that boat. Regards, Glyn Judson, E31 hull #55, Marina del Rey CA

b-dawg

Hello Glyn.

Thanks for your reply. The hull ID is ERY31X62M79K so I would infer it's #62. Owned this boat since Nov. last year, I believe it spent 4 years in SD and came from Oceanside before that.

I'd be happy to chat if you care to call (619-723-6253). I've never done this forum type thing before so forgive me if I break protocol of some sort- rookie/old school.

Thanks, Brian Lepis

Christian Williams

E381 - Los Angeles
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Solitaire, Oceanside.

I looked at the boat in 2012. Name in green. Emergency raft in a hard valise on deck?

When I inquired I believe a woman answered the phone.

Sorry, she said, it sold in a week.

b-dawg

Yep, that's the boat. San Diego guy bought it and from him, I did the same. Seems you hardly need to advertise and poof- they're gone. Actually, it wasn't listed, but on the hard having the bottom done and I left my name with the mgt. desk hoping he'd get in touch. He did and that was that. I hope to enjoy her for some years to come. Thanks for sharing your encounter w/ Solitaire.