• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

E32-3 Anchor locker drain.

nquigley

Sustaining Member
Jeff -
I agree with Christian's solution, if it's possible for you. West System's G-flex epoxy might be a good solution.

If I'm understanding the orientation in your pic, we're looking forward from an access port (that earlier 32-3's don't seem to have) under your forward bulkhead and under the anchor-well insert (tub). The cone-shaped fiberglass structure coming down into the view is the bottom of that tub.
If you were to cut along your red zig-zag line, you'd cut out a piece similar to that in my 3rd pic above. You only want to do that if your drain line has come out of the hole in the bow where it's meant to go trough. If you have to do that, you'll have to hang uncomfortably upside down in your anchor well, with Dremel in hand, and wearing a good respirator mask (including a good dust mask).

When reinserting the drain hose, I suggest this plan:
- get a piece of the desired drain tubing that's about 5' long
- insert it in the hole in the bow from the outside, and make it come up through the big hole you've cut in the bottom of the tub.
- securely attach the long tubing to the bottom of the cut-out piece (replacing the old short piece, and maybe the drain in the tub too?)
- pull the new assembly down onto the tub by pulling the long tubing out of the bow hole until the cut-out piece is close to its original position
- use fiberglass cloth and epoxy to reattach the cut-out to the bottom of the tub (this could be a bit fiddly. My concern would be how much weight could that re-attached bottom piece could support ... chain and anchor weigh a lot.