• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

E32-3 Fresh Water Pressure Question

gulfcoaster

Member III
Hi All. I've noticed when we use our faucets in the galley or head, the water pump cycles on and off every 2 seconds. I understand there is a tube which holds some air pressure to reduce the need to cycle on and off all the time. How can I troubleshoot this to see if a failure here is the culprit. Also, if the thing is faulty, can I replace it? Thanks!:mad:

Cory B

Sustaining Member
Accumulator

You're thinking of the an "Accumulator" tank. IF you have one, they are usually connected near the output side of the WP... not all boats have them. Look in a WM catalog if you wonder what they look like. They are not difficult to install or replace if needed.

Last edited:

gulfcoaster

Member III
I Think I Got It!!

Cory. Thank you for your help. I believe I saw the accumulator under the galley sink on the left wall. It is about a foor long and is dark gray. It kinda resembles a small air pump. Does this sound right?

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Having added this feature to our '88 boat pressure water system, I can also note that you can put the tank anywhere convenient beyond the pressure (output) side of the pump.
Plan B would be to change out the pump for one of the new variable pressure models that are said to be extremely quiet.

Loren

Sean Engle

Your Friendly Administrator
Administrator
Founder
My accumlator tank was up on the shelf in the sail locker...I got a 2 gallon one, I think. It was pretty fat - perhaps 10"-11" - and about 12" tall (the photo is not the one I got - it was chromed SS I believe).

It was great, however - the pump only ran once you opened the tap for more than quite a few minutes. Basically works like a water tank in a house on a well - stores water under pressure so that the pump won't kick on every time you open the tap.

//sse

Attachments

• 500717.jpg
    500717.jpg
    5.9 KB · Views: 145