• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

E35-2 drawings

Nicki

Member I
Hello
I have reached an hiatus point in my proposed purchase of the cheap E35-2 I bought on ebay. My problem is this: whilst falling asleep last night dreaming of beautiful sails in my new boat, a sudden and horrible acronym popped into my head; RCD. I am not sure if this means much in the US but it stands for Recreational Craft Directive. I am a fan of the European Union, but sometimes they embark on beaurocratic nightmares. The RCD is one such. Basically it is a stadardised conformance schedule to make sure that boats are built properly and cetegorised for appropriate use, ie rivers, coastal, offshore etc. according to design. So far so good. The directive only applies to new boats built after 1998 AND (here it is) any boat imported from outside the EU irrespective of date of manufacture. Hummm.... The point of all this is that, as importer, I would become the 'responsible person' and with fines of £5000 and/or 3 a month custodial sentence, I am keen not to get shafted. Whilst the directive, very properly, deals with things like fuel and gas installations, though without standard proceedures as the different countries have different specs, a large part of it is to do with stabilty, down-flooding angles etc etc. The point of this missive is to find out if there are proper lines drawings for the E35-2 from which a naval architect could extrapolate the relevant figures. Can anyone help me here?
Sorry about the long preamble, but I hope it is of interest to some.
Cheers
Nicki