• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

E35-3 Stock Rudder FREE in excellent shape...Losing storage, you pay freight! It's gotta go! Next step Dumpster!

Doug177

Member III
I had a new rudder built to be able to fly an asym chute in higher winds and waves and give some better control.
The stock rudder is in great shape and weighs about the same as when new. 1644339225985.jpeg

Donnie

I had a new rudder built to be able to fly an asym chute in higher winds and waves and give some better control.
The stock rudder is in great shape and weighs about the same as when new. View attachment 41603
Hey Doug , I have a ericson 34/2 in Louisville I had some water intrusion in my rudder few years ago seams like it’s holding up after some repairs , it would be nice to have that on stand by just in case and I hate to see a ericson foil go to waste , do you think you could take some measurements to see if they match up , they look the same in your photo. Thx

Doug177

Member III
Donnie. I will measure the shaft diameter and length this weekend and let you know. That would be the first step. Yep, this boat was kept indoors during the Winter for most of it's life. So things are in really good shape. There might be stock dimensions here on this site.

Doug177

Member III
Hollow Stainless Steel shaft is 3.5" Outside Diameter. Shaft sticks out of rudder 22-1/4".
From where shaft enters rudder down to bottom is 50" I would think if your shaft is smaller than 3.5 inches in diameter, that would be a big problem. Cheers. Doug

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Hey Doug , I have a ericson 34/2 in Louisville I had some water intrusion in my rudder few years ago seams like it’s holding up after some repairs , it would be nice to have that on stand by just in case and I hate to see a ericson foil go to waste , do you think you could take some measurements to see if they match up , they look the same in your photo. Thx
Hull mold was said to be the same for the 35-3 and the 34-2, so the rudder might maybe be the same. Some measurements are in order.
(Only possible difference might be if either boat had the optional shoal draft keel and rudder combo, but those are relatively rare AFAIK.)
Good luck to you both!
:)

Donnie

Hollow Stainless Steel shaft is 3.5" Outside Diameter. Shaft sticks out of rudder 22-1/4".
From where shaft enters rudder down to bottom is 50" I would think if your shaft is smaller than 3.5 inches in diameter, that would be a big problem. Cheers. Doug
The boats on the hard 5 mins away I will take some measurements Friday to verify interchangeability , thx

Doug177

Member III
Hey Donnie, that's the rudder I have in the warehouse. An exact twin. I just measured, they all match. Loren was right!

Donnie

Wow feeling very fortunate , do you think the buss transfer would be a viable method if so let me know shipping cost and your time involved and I will send you some funds.

Doug177

Member III
Donnie. Might be able to get the Freight at $250 and boxing at $75 through FEDEX Freight. We have terms. Do you have any buddies with a commericial address to ship it to. That would help. Greyhound was a PITA.

Donnie

Donnie. Might be able to get the Freight at $250 and boxing at $75 through FEDEX Freight. We have terms. Do you have any buddies with a commericial address to ship it to. That would help. Greyhound was a PITA.
Sure do , Steinrock roofing and sheet metal
1034 story avenue
Louisville Kentucky
Let me know if I can do anything at this end
Shipping a bulky rudder would be quit the task

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Something to consider.....
A friend of mine got a used spinnaker pole shipped from FL to PDX, and got a good deal when the seller was able to go directly to an airport freight terminal and air ship it direct to PDX where my friend could pick it up at the airport. There is some real expense to be saved in eliminating the "final mile" $$ of these deliveries, he tells me.

Dave G.

1984 E30+ Ludington, MI
$325 sounds pretty reasonable for shipping to your door and a small price to pay for a replacement rudder in good condition to boot !! Other option is to jump in the car(SUV or PU) and drive to Muskegon, looks about 6-7 hour drive.