• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

E36-RH drawings/designs needed?

SV Grace

Hi, does anyone have the drawings or plans for the 36RH? We have hull number 24 that we were lucky enough to pick up from Terry Koch in San Diego. She has been modified at the hull/deck seam and the TAFG/Hull connection. There was a lot of glass and carbon fiber work on the inside strengthening those connections and changing bulkheads and bilge areas. We currently have none of the original tanks and the through hulls were removed to reduce drag. I'd like to know where everything was and how the original plumbing and electrical was routed as well as bilge drainage routing.

Any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_20200328_134552544.jpg
    IMG_20200328_134552544.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 17

markvone

Sustaining Member
Hi,

I have hull #21. I have a LOT of E36RH info and original documents. I can also take pictures or measurements of my hull details. What specifically do you need? (first :))

Your hull has no interior and extra lead shot in the bilge and you also have a longer boom if I recall from Terry's PHRF certificate. Is your main traveler still on the bridge deck or back just ahead of the wheel? I'm planning a longer boom in the future.

Mark

SV Grace

Mark,

The traveler is yet to be determined. Terry had it mounted on the transom as a test fit, but we will have to see what works best.

If you do have any drawings or plans that would be appreciated. First is to figure out the tankage and plumbing. If you can let me know where the original tanks were placed that would get me started. Drawing new plans are the first step for us.

markvone

Sustaining Member
Let's start with post #10 of the Berth Size thread here:

which shows a plan view of the E36RH. The holding tank (20 gal, Ronco model B-135) is under the forward third of the stbd settee (not pilot), just aft of the head bulkhead. The fuel tank ( ~50 gal) is under the aft two thirds of the stbd settee, just fwd of the nav desk. The 70 gal water tank is under the port settee (not pilot).

I have the original Ericson brochure with the picture marked up with the red berth outlines but it is too large for my scanner.

I am considering moving the main traveler from the bridge deck to just in front of the wheel if I extend my boom. I need to upgrade the main track and car regardless.

If you PM me your email will send you scans of all the sections of the systems diagrams that I have as pdfs as well as the brochures I have electronically.

Mark

markvone

Sustaining Member
Jason,

See if you can find this original brochure. It has the largest scale drawings I've seen. I got it on Ebay a while back. It's too big for my scanner (17"x 22").

Someone on this site found a source for old Ericson brochure not that long ago. I didn't look to see if any E36 stuff was there.
Big E36RH Brochure pic 1.JPGBig E36RH Brochure pic 2.JPGBig E36RH Brochure pic 3.JPG
Mark

markvone

Sustaining Member
Here is the old thread:

Mark