• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

E36c mainsheet setup

TAPH2O

Member II
We have only the bottom half can anyone help identify the rest.
it appears to be a sheafer but can’t identify from catalog.
thanks

Attachments

• F5D6CEA2-2BCC-42A5-8904-4899746B9939.jpeg
    F5D6CEA2-2BCC-42A5-8904-4899746B9939.jpeg
    124.3 KB · Views: 19

Christian Williams

E381 - Los Angeles
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Looks like a (very old) 4:1 fixed-base fiddle block with cam cleat, aluminum. If it still works OK, all you need is a fiddle block for the boom end, the brand isn't important. For example,

TAPH2O

Member II
Found a picture of lost item looks like a shaefer 303-23 double block

Attachments

• 21B61F3D-3BE2-4E56-9B13-F15534C8080C.jpeg
    21B61F3D-3BE2-4E56-9B13-F15534C8080C.jpeg
    124.8 KB · Views: 11

Christian Williams

E381 - Los Angeles
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
In the second photo, that looks like a single block (I guess the photo is misleading). However, yes, on the boom you will need a double block (fiddle style if possible) in order to get 4:1 purchase. The sheet would start on the becket of the fixed fiddle block, pass through four sheaves, and exit through the cam cleat so as to be handy for trimming.

(Edit note: I had to fix the wording above after Butch's comment below made me reread my own gibberish. By the way, that system avoids winch and deck organizers and I wish I could use it).

Here are more variations you could adapt using the gear on hand: https://www.harken.com/content.aspx?id=3901

Last edited:

Butch Bogan

Member I
That block in the lower left hand corner is definitely a double, parallel sheave block; that was probably attache to your boom. Like the previous comment, I'd recommend a fiddle block to replace the double, less chafe and friction as the sheet will run in column between the blocks. If you are replacing the line also, I'd recommend going to a single braid to avoid the twisting that likes to happen.

erikwfab

Member II
Standard Issue Ericson 36C mainsheet system, works great, recommend a Garhauer ridged boom vang
Have fun

Attachments

• San Pedro sail 017 (31).jpg
    San Pedro sail 017 (31).jpg
    146.3 KB · Views: 17