• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

E38-200 Shower seat question

celtium

Member III
Does anybody know what is below the seat in the shower?

If it is wasted space, like I suspect, has anybody fabricated a lid and used the space?

I.E. a safety storage area or more practcal?

Thanks,

Jay
SF Bay

Celtica
E38-200

jimk

Member II
E38-200 Shower seat

Yes there is a bit of storage space under the seat. I put an 8" Beckson sealed deck plate in the top for access; I store TP and paper towels in zip-lock bags, works great. In the winter I leave open for ventilation.
Jim

celtium

Member III
Thanks

Yes there is a bit of storage space under the seat. I put an 8" Beckson sealed deck plate in the top for access; I store TP and paper towels in zip-lock bags, works great. In the winter I leave open for ventilation.
Jim

It only made sense...I studied and looked over the weekend and had to think it was just waiting to be used as storage!:)

Dan Morehouse

Member III
Not only storage, but better access for pulling wiring or plumbing if need be. Access is the holy grail of boat maintainance/improvement. A deck plate is a great idea, typical of what you get on this site. I will now be adding that to my project list.

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
You nailed it!

Not only storage, but better access for pulling wiring or plumbing if need be. Access is the holy grail of boat maintainance/improvement. A deck plate is a great idea, typical of what you get on this site. I will now be adding that to my project list.

Dan,
You should get the annual brevity and wisdom award for those well-chosen words, if we had such an award!

"Access is the holy grail of boat maintainance/improvement."

Regards,
Loren

fidji

Eric
shower seat

I found the best fit for accessibility of that place , bomar acces hatch model G7711-wt or 901348 in Defender catalogue
I order one and going to install it this week, it fit like glove on my Ericson 35 MKIII
Eric

Dan,
You should get the annual brevity and wisdom award for those well-chosen words, if we had such an award!

"Access is the holy grail of boat maintainance/improvement."

Regards,
Loren

Dan Morehouse

Member III
Update: I cut a big hole in the vertical face of my shower seat and installed an 8" inspection port. Bomar, I think. There's a nice little unused and otherwise inaccessible space under that seat, and by placing the port in the vertical face, it doesn't have to cope with the greater likelihood of leaking that might present if it were installed on the seat surface itself. May not have mattered much, since they seal with an O-ring. And the seal is flawless enough that I store toilet tissue in there, and nary a drop of water has ever intruded. An easy and very effective project.
Dan Morehouse